Table of Contents
- Ingredients in the Medicine
- How to consume Azithromycin Orally?
- Uses for various disease
- Warning while consuming the medicine
- Side Effects Azithromycin Tablet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1- What are the significant side effects of Azithromycin Tablet?
- 2- Can I consume Azithromycin with milk?
- 3- How many doses of this medicine should be consumed?
- 4- Can we consume this tablet with alcohol?
- 5- What are the primary uses of this medicine?
- 6- How should I take medicine in tablet form?
- 7- When not to use this medicine?
- 8- How many mg of Azithromycin is in a tablet?
Azithromycin 500 is an antibiotic used to treat infectious diseases and in the respiratory tract, ear, skin, and eye in adults and children. It can also be used to treat typhoid fever and some sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea. In addition to this, it can also treat bacterial infections. Azithromycin 500 Tablet comes in many brands, including Azithral, Azee, Zdy, Azilide, Azimax, Zithromax, and Azibact. Patients should not take this tablet in the presence of alcohol in the body. If you have previously had jaundice or liver problems, you should consult a doctor before consuming this medicine. An antibiotic prescription is safe during pregnancy. IN this article, we are going to tell you about Azithromycin 500 mg uses , its side effects, price and warning.
This tablet is a macrolide antibiotic used to treat sexually transmitted diseases such as Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria, etc. Doctors also prescribed this tablet to treat flu-like symptoms of COVID-19, and it has been very effective for the patients. The advantage of this medicine is it kills the growth of bacteria. But it is not effective against infections caused by viruses. Azithromycin is available in tablets, capsules, liquid, gel, eye drops, and ointment. Due to its effective result in the treatment, it has become a frequent choice for doctors and patients.
Ingredients in the Medicine
The tablets form of the medicine includes corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, and azithromycin monohydrate. The active ingredient is Azithromycin 500 tablet is an azalide subclass of macrolide antibiotics. The antibiotic medicine usually comes in tablet, capsule, eye ointment form. The tablet is generally consumed in the form of oral medication.
How to consume Azithromycin Orally?
It is advised by medical professionals to use this medicine only on prescription by a doctor or pharmacist. Patients should take this medicine with or without food, and patients should consume antacids that have magnesium or aluminum at the same time. It is essential to discuss with your regular physician or a doctor your diet and the food you consume. In addition to this, keep taking this medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Taking one dose at a time is beneficial for health, whereas two doses at the same time or extra doses will increase difficulty.
If the dosage is in the liquid form, patients should shake the oral (liquid) and measure the dose with a spoon or medicine cup. Skipping your medicine will only increase your infection and stop the healing process. It is in packet dosage. You should mix the powder with one glass of water. Then stir gently and drink right away. People should consume the tablets in 500 mg intake for 5-days a week. It can be consumed with or without food but should not be given to others even if their condition appears to be the same.
Uses for various disease
Azithromycin 500 Tablet is a macrolide antibiotic prescribed by many doctors and pharmacists due to its effective result in treatment. It is used to treat the following symptoms and diseases:
- Acne Vulgaris: Acute Vulgaris is a skin disease that occurs due to the blockage of hair follicles in the skin. Acne Vulgaris causes whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, and cysts.
- Skin infections: Rashes and whiteness on the skin are caused by the bacterias; hence Azithromycin Tablet is used to treat skin infections and diseases.
- Bacterial conjunctivitis: Bacterial conjunctivitis is an eye infection affecting the conjunctiva; it covers the white part of your eye and lines the inside of the eyelid. This bacterial infection is mainly seen in children, and this medicine is used to treat bacterial conjunctivitis.
- To treat Urethra: In the Urethra, Urethritis is a bacterial infection that is a swelling of the Urethra. Cervicitis is also the swelling of the cervix. Therefore it is used to treat this bacterial infection.
- Bacterial Infection: Most common bacterial infections, which are caused due to unhygienic routines and unhealthy food, are treated in at least one dosage. Doctors prescribe Azithromycin to treat bacterial infections. Due to this effective result, doctors suggest frequently. These are the significant side effects of Azithromycin Tablet 500 mg.
Warning while consuming the medicine
- Azithromycin Tablet is a macrolide antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections and is safe during pregnancy. According to the user experience, it has not caused any harm to the fetus. However, it can increase the risk of congenital disabilities. Hence it is advised to
- Breast-feeding: Azithromycin is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. Hence it is used to treat bacterial infections. Please do not take it during pregnancy without the prescription of the doctor.
- Diarrhea: This medicine helps kill the bacteria, but it can create instability in the stomach or intestine. If you experience severe Diarrhoea, get immediate emergency help. Antidiarrheal medication is helpful to tackle the difficulty caused by this tablet in the intestine.
- Antacids: Antacids that contain magnesium and aluminum salts in the diet may cause difficulty in the stomach while consuming the tablets. Doctors strictly recommend not to consume Azithromycin with magnesium or aluminum.
- Myasthenia gravis: Weakness in the bones is a severe condition in the legs and arms. Use of this medicine overdoses may increase the difficulty in the bones.
- Unsafe with Alcohol: Consumption of this tablet with alcohol may cause significant problems. It damages internal organs and disrupts healing procedures.
Side Effects Azithromycin Tablet
- Nausea and Vomiting: The ingredients in the medicine cause vomiting and nausea in the stomach. Difficulty swallowing and digesting is also caused by consuming the tablets, but it has rare side effects.
- Fever: It is infrequent that the medicine causes fever or sickness but consuming the tablet with an unbalanced diet may increase the difficulty.
- Painful urination: The tablet is beneficial to treat bacterial infection in the Urethra, but heavy doses increase the pain during urination.
- Loss of appetite: The taste of the tablets and their ingredients may cause loss of appetite as it is a rare side effect among patients.
- Skin rash: This medicine is used to treat skin diseases, but heavy doses cause skin rashes and whiteness on the skin.
- Stomach pain: Indigestion in the stomach and pain in the small intestine are the side effects caused by the heavy dosage of the medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions
1- What are the significant side effects of Azithromycin Tablet?
Answer: Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, and skin rash are the significant symptoms of the medicine.
2- Can I consume Azithromycin with milk?
Answer: This tablet is usually consumed with fluid which can be water or milk. It has no side effects if the medicine is finished with milk.
3- How many doses of this medicine should be consumed?
Answer: Generally, one dose at a time for 5-days a week is recommended to the patients for consumption.
4- Can we consume this tablet with alcohol?
Answer: This medicine in tablet form is an antibiotic usually consumed to treat bacterial infections. The doctors and experts advise not to consume this medicine in the presence of alcohol. You cannot take the tablets with alcohol as its ingredients increase the difficulty for the internal organ.
5- What are the primary uses of this medicine?
Answer: This medicine is used to treat bacterial infections, sexually transmitted diseases, and fungal infections. In addition to this, it is used to treat Myasthenia gravis, Diarrhoea, and during breastfeeding.
6- How should I take medicine in tablet form?
Answer: Generally, medicines that are in tablet form should be consumed with water, milk, or food.
7- When not to use this medicine?
Answer: This medicine is advised not to take during allergy and liver damage. If the patient has cholestatic jaundice, consumption of Azithromycin Tablet is strictly prohibited.
8- How many mg of Azithromycin is in a tablet?
Answer: A typical dosage of this tablet consists of 100mg, 250mg, 500mg, and 600mg in the form of tablets.