Table of Contents
- Facts about Dengue Fever
- 1. Initial symptoms of dengue are exactly like any other regular flu
- 2. There is no medicine for treating dengue
- 3. Dengue vaccine? Yes, it exists!
- 4. Dengue is a vector-borne disease
- 5. Aedes aegypti mosquito has a specific breeding environment
- 6. Dengue is not contagious
- 7. Severe dengue can be fatal
- 8. Overweight people attract more mosquitoes
- 9. The normal platelet count in humans ranges between 150,000- 350,000
- 10. Coconut water is one of the best sources to keep yourself hydrated during dengue
- Book appointments
Virus Name: Dengue virus.
Breeding zone: Tropical areas.
Transmission: The bite of Aegypti mosquito is the transmission mode of dengue fever in humans.
Facts about Dengue Fever
Dengue fever may turn fatal, if not diagnosed at the right time. The maximum dengue cases are discovered in the Asian countries. Let us englighten ourselves with some surprising and interesting dengue fever facts:
1. Initial symptoms of dengue are exactly like any other regular flu
Dengue initially causes flu-like symptoms. The true symptoms occur after the incubation period of 5 to 10 days after the bite from an Aedes aegypti mosquito.
2. There is no medicine for treating dengue
Proper rest and regular hydration are the only recommended ways to deal with dengue fever.
3. Dengue vaccine? Yes, it exists!
There is a vaccine named “Sanofi Pasteur” developed by a multinational pharma company to fight with dengue antigens.
4. Dengue is a vector-borne disease
It is transmitted by the bite of “Aedes aegypti” mosquito. These mosquitoes breed in the daytime.
5. Aedes aegypti mosquito has a specific breeding environment
The dengue mosquito breeds in tropical areas because of high moisture content in the air.
6. Dengue is not contagious
Neither by touching nor by sitting beside, it is only transmitted by the bite of infected Aedes aegypti.
7. Severe dengue can be fatal
If symptoms are not detected in time, dengue fever can even lead to death.
8. Overweight people attract more mosquitoes
The major reason for mosquito attraction is carbon dioxide and overweighted people exhale a plenty of it.
9. The normal platelet count in humans ranges between 150,000- 350,000
To avoid diseases like Anaemia, it is important to maintain the normal platelet count. It helps you to recover fast from injuries.
10. Coconut water is one of the best sources to keep yourself hydrated during dengue
During dengue fever, your body loses a lot of vitamins and minerals, Coconut Water is the best source to refill it.
To raise your energy & immunity levels, try to add as much fruits and juices in your daily diet. This will help you increase nutrients and fibres in your body. Right medication, proper rest and a healthy diet make way for faster recovery.
Call +91-8010-994-994 and talk to Credi Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist, compare treatment cost from various hospitals and get support in managing other hospital processes.