Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta, Senior consultant Medical Oncologist, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre speaks about cancer, its diagnosis and treatment in hindi. He talks about myths of cancer and its treatment. He also mentions about various departments of cancer hospital, such as, medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, psychology, nutrition, dentistry, and nuclear medicine. He also emphasizes on latest advancements in cancer treatment, such as Robotic Surgery.
Which screening tests have been used to detect cancer?
- Mammography is done to detect breast cancer. Breast MRI is done in women who have high risk of developing breast cancer. Women must also do self examination of the breasts regularly.
- Low dose helical computed tomography has been used to detect lung cancer.
- Colonoscopy/ Sigmoidoscopy have been used to detect colorectal cancer.
- Pap smear test and human papilloma virus testing is used to detect cervical cancer.
- Alpha-fetoprotein blood test is done in those who have high risk of developing liver cancer.
- CA 125 test is done in women who have high risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Prostate specific antigen test is done to detect prostate cancer at an early stage.