Do you love yogurt/curd? You are going to love them even more after you’ve read the health benefits of curd. During the summer a nice bowl of cool yogurt makes for a refreshing food. There are many ways in which you can enjoy yogurt, some people take it raw while others may take it with fruits or turn it into a spicy side dish. Apart from health benefits, we will also take a look at benefits of curd for hair and how the benefits of curd for skin make it a good side dish for any meal.
Health Benefits Of Curd For Skin
Did you know that curd is not just used for consumption? It has natural medicinal properties which allow you to apply it to your skin. There are numerous health benefits of curd for skin for which you can put it on the list of remedies for numerous skin problems we have listed some below.
1. Improvement In Skin Tone
In the summer your skin suffers a heavy toll by being exposed to the scorching heat. Exposure to heat for a long time is bad for your skin health and it can also lead to unwanted skin tanning.
- You can easily avoid this and many other skin problems by simply massaging curd, fresh out of the fridge, mixed with either two tablespoons of cocoa or aloe vera gel.
- Doing this daily will help you improve your skin and hence adding to the health benefits of curd.
2. Helps In Getting Rid Of Sun Rash or Sunburn
As mentioned earlier chilled curd is an amazing skin rejuvenator, this especially holds true if you got sun rash or sunburnt by too much exposure outside during this hot summer.
- Apply some chilled curd along with a tablespoon of flour or cucumber juice to the affected parts of your skin.
- Why this works is, apart from cooling your skin down, curd also has probiotic properties making it a perfect option to help you get rid of sun rash or sunburn. This property adds to the health benefits of curd for skin.
Also, read about: Health Benefits of Cloves.
3. Helps In Reducing Skin Pigmentation
Pigmentation is a disorder in which the color of skin gets affected. The color of your skin is dependent on the production of a pigment in your body called melanin. Skin pigmentation affects the melanin production causing some parts of your skin to lose their color.
- Other benefits of curd for skin include reduced skin pigmentation problems.
- This happens because curd consists of lactic acid which helps to remove the topmost layer of the skin allowing the production of new skin cells.
4. Helps Getting Rid Of Dark Circles
If you are suffering from sleepless nights then you should consider looking at this benefit of curd for skin.
- All you need is a bowl of curd and a couple of cotton balls.
- Apply those cotton balls with a dab of curd and keep them on your eyes for at least.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties the health benefits fits of curd for skin also include getting rid of dark circles.
Health Benefits Of Curd For Hair
So far we learned that curd helps in improving skin, but did you know that there are also benefits of curd for the skin as well? Curd works like a magic potion in strengthening and cleansing of hair. Here are the health benefits of curd for hair.
1. Helps In Getting Rid Of Dandruff
With summer both oily and dry scalp is a common condition, most of us suffer from one or the other condition.
- Curd can treat dandruff which is also one of the best health benefits of curd for hair.
- To prepare curd for dealing with dandruff all you need is neem leaves, curd, and a quarter of a tablespoon of baking soda.
2. Thick Hair
During summer your hair appears to look dry, stiff and may also lose some of its thickness.
- Curd takes care of those problems because of the Vitamins B5 and D present in it.
- All you need is some fenugreek seeds (methi) and a bowl of curd, apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for a while.
Also, read about: Fiber Rich Indian Foods.
3. Hair Conditioner
The curd is an all natural hair conditioner which can provide the same results as a store-bought product without the added chemicals.
- To use curd as a hair conditioner you need half a cup or bowl of curd, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil.
- The moisturizing property of curd does the conditioning of hair while aloe vera gel or coconut oil locks its shine.
Overall Health Benefits Of Curd
Having discussed the benefits of curd for hair and skin you might if there are any overall health benefits of curd. To put your doubts to rest, yes there are more health benefits of curd other than hair and skin care. Let’s take a look at some of them below.
1. Helps With Losing Weight
Adding curd to your meal during summer will help you lose some out those extra kilos.
- Curd has properties which allow it to manage the cortisol levels and helps in promoting good cholesterol. This ultimately helps in managing weight and adding to the health benefits of curd.
- If you add just a few tablespoons of ginger paste, honey, black salt, and just a pinch of cinnamon powder to your bowl of curd this makes for not only a tasty side dish but also a way to lose weight.
2. Helps With Indigestion, Acidity & Constipation
A fresh mix of curd, mint leaves, water, black salt and ice does not just make a good summer juice, this mix helps the stomach during indigestion, acidity, and constipation.
- With one glass of this juice every day, you can make sure that your stomach stays healthy and your bowel movement remains unaffected.
Take Away – Benefits of Curd
The curd is a healthy and tasty refreshment which can be used in more than one way. Taken with meals, or applied to your body directly, benefits of curd make it a must use a dairy product for any household. So this summer make sure you stay healthy with adding curd to your meals!