A healthy outside starts from the healthy inside!
Those late night cravings, chilling times with friends, yummy weekend stories, tempting dinner or lunch dates, and the list goes on… All these moments are something you just don’t want to miss. But, have you ever noticed what these food cravings leave you with? You have to fight with obesity, lifestyle diseases and whatnot just in the name of satiating your taste buds. But, how fair is it for your body, health and mind?
Is it the right time to consider your diet or food habits before it gets too late? Are you having the right or should we say ‘healthy food’ in your daily diet? Here is a list of healthy foods to eat everyday. Yes, you heard that right!
Healthy Foods To Eat Everyday
- Cauliflower – Though broccoli the relative gets all the attention when it comes to being healthy, if we talk about being healthy and nutritious, then cauliflower is considered to be a good source of Vitamin C and fibre. It also has a natural plant chemical called sulforaphane that may hold promise against cancer.
- Sardines – If you are a fish lover and looking for a healthy option to include in your diet, then these small fish have big nutritional value. They are a great source of good-for-you omega-3 fatty acids. They are also rich in vitamin D, and calcium’s partner for bone strength.
- Tempeh – It’s time to ditch the special tofu, and replace it with Tempeh. It is made from soybeans and is also packed with nutrients like protein, potassium and calcium.
Also, Read about: Top 8 Calcium Rich Indian Foods
- Beets – The brightly colored root vegetable looks rough on the outside but is softer and sweeter once you cook it. Beets are high in antioxidants, which may help protect against cancer (Beat cancer) and other chronic diseases. Plus, their juice, which is rich in nitrates, has been found to lower blood pressure and increase blood flow to the brain. Beets help in improving the performance of Athletes who snack on them.
- Lentils – Though they are not as popular as beans, they are just as healthy as them. They are not required to be soaked before you cook them. You can also use them as a substitute for meat in soups or stews, and you will get a hearty boost of protein and fiber for a lot less fat.
- Kefir – Fermented milk is one of the most demanded food items from the list of healthy foods to eat everyday. It is a dietary staple and is high in good bacteria called probiotics. It is also being studied for its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects that are known to be healthier than many other drinks.
- Prunes (Dried Plums) – Last on the healthy foods to eat everyday list, Prunes help to keep your digestion regular and are also high in antioxidants and fibre. A quarter-cup has 104 calories and 12% fibre that you need every day. You can eat them as it is, chop them up and add them to muffins or other baked goods, or include them in smoothies, cereals, sauces or stews.
So, now that you know the list of healthy foods to eat everyday, it’s time to get started with a healthy diet routine and invest in eating healthy. Make your everyday a complete dose of health and nutrition in every way you can or let’s say, start with these 7 healthy foods to eat everyday.
Also, Read about: Plan Your Meal Plate With Vegan Diet Plan For Weight Loss