Why you need to get a heart checkup this World Heart Day at Reliance Hospital, Navi Mumbai.
29th September is being celebrated as World Heart Day 2019. And as the name suggests, this international awareness campaign is dedicated to creating awareness around cardiovascular diseases; which happens to be the major cause of deaths in India.
Traditionally, government and non-government organisations celebrate World Health Day in different ways, such as fun runs, public talks, concerts, and sporting events. The team of World Heart Federation organizes various events in more than 100 countries. These events include health checkups, sports events, public talks, stage shows, concerts, and exhibitions. As per the research by WHO in 2005, over 17.5 million people die from heart diseases. But, this is only limited on the day or a week. So here’s a handy list of do’s and don’t to keep the health of your heart in check:
What can we do to avoid Heart Diseases?
Unawareness is the most important factor responsible for the increasing number of deaths due to heart diseases. There are many things that we can do to avoid heart disease:
- Avoid Smoking: If you smoke, quitting will reduce the risk of heart attack, as cigarette smoking increases your blood pressure and increase the risk of heart diseases.
- Take Proper Diet: Here proper diet means to limit the consumption of saturated fat, foods high in sodium and added sugar. Try to add plenty of vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your diet.
- Regular Exercise: Exercising has many benefits, as it strengthens your heart and improves blood circulation. It will also help to maintain a healthy weight and reduces bad cholesterol.
- Control your blood pressure: High blood pressure is a major reason for heart attacks. So it is important to get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis.
- Limit Alcohol: Excess alcohol consumption also increases your blood pressure level which leads to a heart attack or stock.
- Manage Diabetes: Diabetes doubles your risk of diabetic heart disease. The reason behind this is that high blood sugar damages the blood vessels and the nerves that control your heart and blood vessels.
However, given the paucity of time at hand, for most millennials and working professionals, it gets a bit difficult for everyone to follow this list and make time to keep a check on the health of their heart.
Thus, going for a regular health checkup can be an ideal panacea for those with a busy life.
Why visit for regular Heart Checkups?
One should start heart screening tests at age 20 as:
- A regular health checkup is important to detect risk factors in their earliest stages.
- In many cases, screening results can serve as a wake-up call.
The key screening tests recommended for optimal cardiovascular health are blood pressure, fasting lipoprotein profile, body weight, body glucose, and so on.
Take a look at the packages on offer at Reliance Hospital, Navi Mumbai till November 30, 2019
Packages of Health Heart Checkups
Healthy Heart 1
ECG, Lipid Profile, Random Blood Sugar, at a special price: Rs.666
Healthy Heart 2
ECG, Glucose – Fasting & Post-Prandial, Serum Cholesterol at a special price: Rs 444
Healthy Heart 3
ECG, Serum Cholesterol, TMT/2D Echo at a special price: Rs 999
Healthy Heart 4
ECG, TMT/2D Echo at a special price: Rs. 899
Healthy Heart 5
ECG, CT Angiogram (256 slices CT) regular price: 15850 at a special price: Rs 9999.
Note: All Package includes a free doctor consultation.
This offer can’t be combined with any other prevailing offers and all offers are valid up to 30th November 2019.
Reliance Hospital Navi Mumbai understands that every heartbeat matters. So they are doing their bit to keep your heart healthy. They have an experienced and skilled team of cardiologists who handle critical cases with perfection. Do visit the hospital to get a heart checkup at discounted prices.