Do you browse through the internet searching for the best and fastest way to lose weight? Well, thanks to an urban legend that ties a diet plan to General Motors, now you can. The GM diet plan for weight loss is believed to be developed by General Motors but on several occasions, the company officials have said they weren’t aware of any such diet plan to ever be advocated. Consistent studies have shown that GM diet plan is effective and provides weight loss results in a short span of time.
In this article we will take a look at the GM diet plan Indian people can follow and what they can eat and what they should avoid. But, first let us understand what this GM Diet Plan is all about:
What Is The Truth Behind The GM Diet Plan?
- For a long time, it was believed that GM diet plan for weight loss was developed by the car manufacturing giant, General Motors in 1985, with the help of the US Department of Agriculture and FDA.
- Although the GM diet plan for weight loss is the reason GM diet Indian version exists, yet there has been no substantial evidence to support the claim it was developed at General Motors.
- Even on several interviews where the question was raised about whether the GM diet plan for weight loss was developed in General Motors, the company spokesperson claimed no one in the organization had any knowledge such a diet plan.
Facts About Indian GM Diet Plan
Here are a few facts about GM Diet Plan Indian Version people should keep in mind before starting the diet.
- The GM diet plan Indian version is a 7 Day plan.
- The claims about the GM diet Indian version is that, it is effective at detoxifying the body.
- The Indian GM diet plan asks the follower follow a crash diet, in which the person reduces to the intake of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins and increases the intake of raw foods like fruits and vegetables.
- The average amount of weight loss is about 15 pounds (approximately 6.8 Kgs).
- Before following the Indian GM diet plan, you should first consult a professional nutritionist to see if it is fine for you to follow such diet.
- After following the GM diet plan Indian version, it is recommended to take high carb and protein diet.
The Do’s And Don’ts Of GM Diet Plan Indian
To make sure you get the best results from the Indian GM diet plan, you should keep the following things.
Following are the list of things you can do to help you with the GM diet Indian version.
- Consume fruits or vegetables in the form of salad.
- Enjoy taking vegetables in the form of soup or a stew.
- Choose only the types of vegetables you’d like to eat.
- Add flavorings such as lemon, garlic, herbs, vinegar, etc to keep things interesting.
- Stay as much hydrated as possible. The recommended amount of water intake is almost 8 to 12 glasses every day.
Following are the list of things you should avoid doing to help you with the GM diet Indian version.
- Avoid the use of more than one teaspoon of oil in vegetables since it will add to the fat intake amount.
- Never skip even a single meal of the GM diet plan Indian version because it already is limiting the amount of calorie to a bare minimum, if you skip a meal there, you could do more harm to your body than good.
- Avoid salad dressing to add flavors, they contain way too much calorie for the GM diet plan Indian version to work.
- Avoid vegetables high in carbs, fat, and starch like beans and potatoes.
- Avoid going to the gym for at least the first three days of following the diet.
NOTE: The GM diet Indian version says it is not necessary to workout while following this meal plan but if you still want to go to the gym or out for a running, maintain a low pace and intensity.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of The GM Diet Plan Indian?
Before following the GM diet Indian version, you should weigh out the pros and cons of the plan to see if it is the best weight loss option for you. Here is a list of pros and cons of GM diet plan Indian version.
- The weight loss results are visible after the first week of following the GM diet Indian version.
- An effective way to lose substantial weight in a small amount of time.
- Several studies claim that it helps in cleansing the body of toxins.
- Due to the low amount of carb and protein intake, the body consumes the protein from body muscle.
- This leads to inducing exhaustion and lethargy.
- The weight loss results may possibly be temporary depending on the type of diet that you follow up the GM diet Indian version with.
- In some cases, people have also reported being ridden with a headache because of rapid weight loss and the diet.
What Should Be The Ideal Diet After A Week of GM Diet Plan For Weight Loss?
The GM diet Indian version is a crash diet that restricts the consumption of essential nutrients, depriving the body of such nutrients can cause a lot of weakness in the body. Therefore, it is recommended to consume a protein and carbohydrate-rich meal once the GM diet plan Indian version is over. Consume wholesome food but make sure to keep the size of the servings small.
Also, read about: Calcium Rich Foods in India.
Take Away – GM Diet Plan Indian Version
All of us want results and want them fast and while the GM diet Indian version is a very effective and fast way, it is not the most efficient way. The GM diet plan for weight loss promises detoxification of the body but you are not made aware of its side effects like muscle loss, laziness, and exhaustion. With that said, if you are still inclined to follow the GM diet plan Indian version, you should seek medical advice to see if it’s okay to put your body through such a calorie deficient diet.