Table of Contents
The Paleo diet is simple words means “Eat like your ancestors used to and lose weight.” This form of diet is one of the most popular forms of diets in the wellness world. Basically, the Paleo diet preaches to consume more of whole and unprocessed foods. The Paleo diet chart claims that by consuming like our ancestors, we will, in turn, become leaner and will be less likely to get diabetes and other diseases such as heart problems, cancer and other health complications. So, in this article, you are going to learn about what to eat and avoid in a Paleo Diet India.
Paleo Diet India: Foods to Consume
You can plan out your Indian version of Paleo Diet by consuming the following organic and unprocessed food items.
- Meats: Turkey, bacon.
- Poultry: Pasteurised and organic eggs and chicken.
- Seafood: Fish as well as other kinds of seafoods.
- Healthy fats: Use cooking oils such as coconut oil, olive oil etc.
- Vegetables: Opt for seasonal vegetables.
- Fruits: One can always go for seasonal fruits.
- Roots and tubers: Turnips, potatoes, yams etc.
- Nuts and seeds: Walnuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, flax seeds etc.
- Spices and salts: Herbs, turmeric, garlic, Himalayan or any low sodium salt etc.
One needs to make a conscious effort and include organic and natural food items in your Paleo Diet chart plan India as much as possible. And, if you cannot afford it, then you should atleast make sure that you reduce eating junk food as much as possible.
Paleo Diet India: Foods to Avoid
- Processed and Packaged food: one needs to focus on food labeling. You need to shop smartly and avoid everything that has been labeled as ‘Low fat, Fat-free or Diet food’ as it contains artificial ingredients that are bad for your wellbeing.
- Vegetable Oils: this includes oil such as soybean, corn oil, canola oil and other such oils should be avoided from your Paleo Diet Chart.
- Artificial Sweeteners: such as sucrose, saccharin, potassium, acesulfame, cyclamates must also be cut out from your list.
- Trans-fats: these are found in various kinds of processed foods and margarine.
- Sugary Products: packaged juices, fruit yogurt, soft drinks, pastries, candy and many more.
- Legumes and Grains: these include pasta, breads, lentils, beans, etc.
- Other Products: there are also other products that need to be avoided which are dairy, refined products, potatoes and salt.
- At the same time, it is also good to stay away from all kinds of unhealthy temptations such as chocolates, ice-creams, pastries, candies, breads, sodas and other refined products.
Hence, the best way to avoid these ingredients is by checking the food label and shopping smartly.
Also, read about: Keto Diet Plan India.
Indian Paleo Diet Chart: 1 Week Sample
This sample will help you to learn and give you a gist of how to prepare and what to eat for an Indian version of Paleo diet. This Paleo diet chart contains a balanced amount of paleo foods. Note, you are free to twist it a little to suit your preferences.
- Breakfast: Sautéed vegetables and eggs that are prepared using olive oil along with 5 soaked almonds and 1 fruit.
- Lunch: A chicken salad along with a handful of nuts.
- Dinner: Grilled or steamed fish with sautéed vegetables.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs with lots of veggies.
- Lunch: A chicken or fish salad.
- Dinner: A bowl of mushroom soup along with roasted chicken and vegetables.
- Breakfast: An egg omelet along with a bowl of watermelon and half a teaspoon of flax seeds.
- Lunch: A green bean salad along with some grilled chicken.
- Dinner: Some baked chicken pieces and a bowl of cauliflower soup.
- Breakfast: Baked eggs and some broccoli.
- Lunch: Some fish avocado along with lettuce wraps.
- Dinner: Stir-fried meat and some veggies.
- Breakfast: An omelet of bell peppers.
- Lunch: A spicy pepper chicken stir-fry.
- Dinner: Chicken Chettinad along with some sautéed vegetables.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs along with some baked sweet potato.
- Lunch: Baked herbed chicken.
- Dinner: Baked fish with thyme and lemon.
- Breakfast: A hard-boiled egg with some tomatoes and onion.
- Lunch: chicken along with some roasted tomatoes.
- Dinner: Keema with veggies and some coconut curry.
Apart from this one does not need to stick to three meals a day plan, you can always have a light snack in the between that includes nuts, and some veggies. Remember, this was just a sample week plan for Paleo diet chart. You can continue this paleo diet India chart after visiting your dietitian. And, remember Paleo is not just a diet it is a way of life!
Also, read about: Benefits of Squats for Men & Women.