We all know about cancer. It is a life-threatening disease that can result in death if one doesn't get the right treatment on time. A few years back, the treatment for cancer was next to impossible. But now, there is a huge growth in the medical field. Different types of medical and surgical treatments are available to cure any kind of cancer.
We at Credihealth believe in informing people about critical conditions like cancer. Today we will discuss how Reliance Hospital treats and contributes to the treatment of prostate cancer. In this post, we will also see what services and technologies are available at Reliance Hospital Navi Mumbai.
Reliance Hospital Navi Mumbai is a multi-speciality hospital with the most recent technologies and infrastructure. The hospital features fully-equipped operation theatres, laboratories, most modern technology, and an exclusive TrueBeam Radiation Therapy System.
If you want to watch a video from our expert advice, you can see it by clicking on the youtube link.
What is Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer is a type of cancer that occurs in men. The prostate is a small walnut-shaped gland found in men that produces the seminal fluid, which nourishes and transports sperm.
The aggressive prostate cancer needs immediate medical attention while, in some cases, this cancer grows slowly and needs minimal treatment.
Early detection of prostate cancer when it is still confined to the prostate gland, has a better chance of successful treatment.
The treatment is possible if the cancer is detected at an early stage. Reliance Hospital, Navi Mumbai is fully equipped to diagnose and treat such kind of serious diseases.
What are the different types of prostate cancer?
- Acinar adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer develops in the gland cells that line the prostate gland. This is the most common type of prostate cancer.
- Ductal adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the cells that line the ducts of the prostate gland. It grows and spread in nearby areas, more quickly than other cancer.
- Transitional cell (or urothelial) cancer: Generally, this type of cancer starts in the bladder and spreads into the prostate gland. But in very rare cases it starts in the prostate and spreads into the bladder's entrance and nearby tissues.
- Squamous cell cancer: In this cancer, cancer develops from the flat cells that cover the prostate gland and spreads more quickly than adenocarcinoma cancer.
- Small cell prostate cancer: This cancer is made up of small round cells. It is a type of neuroendocrine cancer.
What are the symptoms of Prostate Cancer?The initial stage of prostate cancer could be silent or have no signs and symptoms. On the other hand, advanced or aggressive prostate cancer has the following symptoms:
- Frequent urination
- Weak or interrupted urine flow or the need to strain to empty the bladder
- The urge to urinate frequently at night
- Blood in the urine
- Blood in the seminal fluid
- New onset of erectile dysfunction
- Pain or burning during urination, which is much less common
- Discomfort or pain when sitting, caused by an enlarged prostate
- Pain in the back, hips, thighs, shoulders, or other bones
- Swelling or fluid buildup in the legs or feet
- Unexplained weight loss
- Change in bowel habits
What are the Causes of Prostate Cancer?
The causes of prostate cancer are not clear yet, but the doctors say that this cancer begins when some cells in your prostate become abnormal. Mutations present in the abnormal cell's DNA causes the cells to grow and divide rapidly.
These abnormal cells continue living when other cells die. The gathering of abnormal cells forms a tumour that grows to attack nearby cells and tissue. These abnormal cells can also break and spread in other parts of the body.
What are the Risk Factors and complications?The risk factors that can increase the symptoms of prostate cancer include:
- Obesity: Obesity is one of the major risk factors that can interrupt in the treatment of advanced and other types of prostate cancer.
- Age: The risk of prostate cancer increases as the age of patients increases. It becomes more difficult to cure this type of cancer if the patient is too old.
- Family history: The risk of prostate cancer may increase if the men in the family have had prostate cancer.
- Race: In black men, prostate cancer is more likely to be aggressive or advanced. Usually, black men are at high risk of prostate cancer.
- Cancer that spreads: Gathering of abnormal cells can break off and spread to other nearby parts of the body.
How to Prevent Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer can be prevented in different ways:
- Healthy Diet Plan: A healthy diet is something that can help you in different ways. A diet full of fruits and vegetables contains many vitamins and minerals that can contribute to one's overall health. It is not yet determined but a healthy body reduces the chances of developing cancer.
- Exercise most days of the week: Exercise improves your overall health and helps you maintain a healthy body. It is important to have a healthy body to eliminate the initial signs of Prostate Cancer.
- Maintain a Good Weight: As we discussed, men with heavier weight are more likely to have prostate cancer. So if your present weight is on the higher end, exercise. You can take your doctor's advice to reduce weight.
- Go for a regular checkup: One should go for a regular checkup as it can help detect cancer at a very early stage. This way you can get the right treatment at the right time and get rid of this life-threatening disease.
Services and Treatment at Reliance Hospital, Navi MumbaiThe cancer department at this facility provides different types of services and treatments. This includes:
- Chemotherapy: This is a type of cancer treatment slows down and destroys the fast-growing cancerous cells. There are two types of chemotherapies - adjuvant Chemotherapy and neoadjuvant Chemotherapy.
- Immunotherapy: This treatment enhances the immune system of the body to fight against cancer.
- Targeted therapy: Under this type of therapy, the specific genes are targeted that are found in cancerous cells. It helps stop cancer from spreading to other parts of the body.
RadiologyRadiology is a non-invasive technology in which radiation is used to cure cancer. It is performed with the help of high-end technologies and well-trained technicians.
Surgical OncologyThe hospital has skilled, experienced surgeons backed by powerful interdisciplinary insights and extensive training. Various surgeries performed at Reliance Hospital Navi Mumbai are:
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
- Esophageal Cancer Surgery
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Gynaecological Cancers Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Cancers Surgery
- Genitourinary Cancers Surgery
- Bone and Soft Tissue Cancers Surgery
- Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery/ Keyhole Surgery
This article is going to be our contribution to this prostate cancer awareness month. Every cancer is a life-threatening disease that needs proper medical attention. Prostate Cancer is responsible for many deaths in all over India. Reliance Hospital Navi Mumbai is one of the best hospitals with the most suitable facilities and technologies.
In the above article, we have discussed the symptoms, causes, and treatments for prostate cancer. The right treatment at the right time is important to eliminate any kind of cancer. So be aware and be healthy.This write-up was contributed by Credihealth content team to Reliance Hospital, Navi Mumbai: A nexus of best-in-class treatment, Reliance Hospital Navi Mumbai is a 300 bedded hospital. It is a multispecialty centre that offers excellent tertiary care. Driven by passion, purpose, and commitment, the team of medical experts at this hospital aims to provide the best health and hope for the community.