Indian heat can be really taxing and constant sun exposure for long or even duration can affect your skin’s health. Let’s know some basic skin care tips and natural ingredients for tan removal.
Top 10 Tan Removal Tips
1. Lemon Juice
- Cut a lemon and rub a slice on your tanned skin.
- Allow it to sit for some minutes before washing it off.
2. Turmeric and Milk
- Mix a small amount of turmeric powder in milk.
- Give your face a good application with the mixture that is formed.
- Let it dry.
3. Cucumber Extract, Lemon Juice and Rose Water
- Mix one tablespoon of each of the 3 ingredients in a bowl and dab it generously on your tanned skin.
Read about: Honey & Milk Benefits.
4. Bengal Gram Flour and Turmeric
- Mix a tiny amount of turmeric with two tablespoons of Bengal gram flour, milk and one-tablespoon rose water.
- Apply to tanned areas and leave it be for 15-20 minutes before taking it off.
5. Masoor, Tomato and Aloe
- Soak one tablespoon of masoor dal in water and make it into a paste.
- To this add equal quantities of aloe extract and tomato paste.
- Apply on tanned areas of your face and let it sit for 30 minutes before using cold water to wash it off.
6. Honey and Ripe Papaya
- Mash up about half a cup of papaya with one-tablespoon honey.
- Apply on tanned areas and let it sit for 30 minutes before using cold water to wash it off.
Also, read about: How To Make Skin Glow Naturally.
7. Oat Meal and Buttermilk
- In 3 tablespoons of buttermilk add 2 tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Using circular movements, massage it onto the tanned areas. Easy!
8. Yogurt and Tomato Extract
- Mix up one tablespoon of each ingredient and slather the paste that’s formed on tanned areas.
- Let it be for half an hour before washing off with water.
9. Potato Juice and Lemon Juice
- Take the juice from a medium potato and mix it with one tablespoon lemon juice.
- Apply, leave on for 30 minutes and rinse.
Must read: Superfoods for Super Skin.
10. Sandalwood Paste
- This one’s simple; apply sandalwood paste every night before you sleep.
- Ideally, wash it off when you wake up.