What are the most common symptoms of diabetes type 2?
1. Frequent urination-One of the symptoms is an increased need for urination and frequent urination or the urge to pee. You can feel more desire to pee than the normal of five to six times a day. You can also observe the cloudy white color in the urine.
2. Fatigue-Fatigue or too much weakness is another symptom, and this weakness can interfere with daily life chores. The body may not utilize the glucose, which is then excreted in the urine, leading to excessive liability.
3. Vision Problems-Another symptom can be blurred vision or developed vision problems that were not there before. Also Read: Blurring Vision in One Eye - Causes And Treatments To Consider
4. Immune issues-People with sugar problems will notice slower healing of cuts and wounds, and they should look out for this symptom. The secretion of sugar in the body can cause issues with immune responses.
5. Numbness in feet-Numbness in the hands and feet is quite common when you have diabetes. The exact reason for the development of numbness can be the development of a tingling sensation in the body. People can have worse circulations in the legs or arms, which can be seen in diabetes type 2 symptoms.
6. Increased hunger-An increased need to eat continuously throughout the day is also a sign. Increases in hunger can be due to lesser glucose in the body and the intention of the body to keep eating more and dealing with it with more enthusiasm.
7. Increased weight gain-If you are gaining a lot of weight rapidly within a short period of time then it might be a sign of type 2 diabetes. Increased weight gain is due to overeating as you compensate for the need to eat more as the glucose levels decrease.Read Also: 10 Best Dry Fruits for Weight Gain
8. Increased chances of infections-Skin infections like fungal or bacterial infections are more prone to these infections. As the immune system is compromised, the body is more prone to developing skin infections.
9. Dry mouth and skin-Dry mouth and skin conditions can be a problem in people developing diabetes. A dry mouth is set when you cannot produce enough energy that the body needs.The symptoms of the condition can be different for different people, and they can be seen after the screening and monitoring, which needs to be done by the doctors. And many people can be on the verge of developing diabetes.Also Read: Diet for Type 2 Diabetes Patients
How do type 2 diabetes symptoms affect blood sugar levels?Type 2 diabetes is a chronic illness that can affect how your body processes blood sugar levels, which is the primary source of the body's resistance to the body's cells and can be developed when the body becomes resistant to insulin. Insulin is the hormone that can help regulate blood sugar levels and increase the production of the pancreas in the body, leading to higher insulin levels in the bloodstream.Over time, the body can produce enough insulin to regulate glucose levels, leading to hyperglycemia and high blood sugar. These can damage various organs and systems in the body, including the eyes, nerves, and cardiovascular system.Also Read: Difference Between Type 1 & 2 Diabetes?
How can one prevent type 2 diabetes?Now that you know what are symptoms of diabetes type 2, next is prevention. Many people have type two diabetes can be prevented or delayed by following some simple steps and lifestyle changes-
Maintaining a healthy weight-Excess weight around the waist can increase the risk of developing type two diabetes. You can aim for a body mass index of less than 25. However, it can be pretty easy to exercise regularly, control weight, and reduce the risks of developing type two diabetes with 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise like walking, cycling, or jogging at least four times a week.
Eating a healthy diet-Eating a healthy diet, like blanched meals, can help with diabetes. The diet should contain fruits, grains, vegetables, and lean protein. This type of diet without sugary drinks and saturated or trans fats can help prevent diabetes.
Avoid or quit smoking:Smoking can increases the risk and chances of developing diabetes type 2 symptoms. This can be a health problem and doctors claim that trying to quit can be a significant advantage.
Limited alcohol consumption-Drinking too much alcohol can increase weight gain, which can also lead to pre-diabetics. For many people, this can also be caused by more than one drink per day. Thus, it will be best to leave alcohol altogether.
Get enough sleep or rest-Lack of rest or not resting can negatively impact anybody's health. This can lead to depression, mood swings, and anxiety issues, and sleeping for seven or eight hours of sleep per night can be best for preventing these health conditions.
Manage stress-Stress can raise blood sugar levels and can also increase the risks of diabetes; thus, managing stress, exercising, and taking medication or talking to a friend as well as a counselor can help with managing stress.
Conclusion-Type two diabetes is developed in humans as a body response to fluctuations in blood glucose levels. This fluctuation and irregular eating patterns can lead to the liver's lesser insulin secretion. Thus, insulin secretion can lead to a buildup of sugar in the body.This buildup can be prevented by taking proper medication and treating the condition of diabetes in the body. Now that you know what are symptoms of diabetes type 2, take care of your lifestyle, and take your medicines if you have one or more symptoms that can lead to diabetes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are symptoms of diabetes type 2?
The symptoms of diabetes include feeling thirsty and passing more urine, which can always lead to feeling tired and hungry.
Can type two diabetes be cured?
There is no cure for type two diabetes that can reverse the condition by managing lifestyle. If not, you will have to take an insulin shot.
How do the symptoms of type two start?
Type two diabetes can take several years to develop, and symptoms may not be noticeable. However, it can be seen if you are observant and careful about the signs.