Table of Contents
- If you’re asking yourself “Do I need IVF?” look no further. This article is for you. Take a quick look at in what all circumstances IVF is recommended by infertility specialists.
- Best Infertility specialists in India
- Delhi NCR | Mumbai Region | Kolkata | Hyderabad | Chennai | All India
- If you are looking for IVF treatment in a hospital near you, call us at 1800 1022 733 and get quotes. You can also visit Credihealth and book your appointment with the doctor of your choice.
If you’re asking yourself “Do I need IVF?” look no further. This article is for you. Take a quick look at in what all circumstances IVF is recommended by infertility specialists.
In simple terms, in-vitro fertilization or IVF is defined as fertilizing the woman eggs with a male sperm outside the woman body in a lab environment. The fertilized eggs are then transferred into the uterus of the woman for implantation and thus initiating pregnancy. Originally, IVF was used for women with damaged fallopian tube but now it is being used for almost all types of infertility cases.
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) has now become a treatment of choice for couples who are facing medical issues that disable them to conceive naturally.
Let’s consider who should consider going for in-vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes: Though procedures like Tuboplasty are available to repair damaged fallopian tubes but in certain individual cases it may not be successful and the chances of pregnancy are greater with IVF.
- Male infertility issues like low sperm count or motility can be managed by using ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) to inject the sperm directly into the egg in the lab. This is effective when, under the normal circumstances, the male sperm is unable to reach the egg or unable to fertilize it due to any unexplained reason.
- Endometriosis, a medical condition in which the cells lining the uterus wall grows outside, also interferes with natural conception. In cases of endometriosis, surgery and medication are suggested first. If they fail, then IVF is recommended.
- Getting pregnant at an advanced age: Women’s ability to conceive decreases with age. However, there is an increasing trend of postponing having children for a later age and by the time they are in their mid-30s women decide to have babies, their capacity has already diminished. This reduced ability can be overcome with IVF.
- Ovulation disorders: The most common being anovulation, which is inability of women to produce or release an egg, can also be managed with IVF using a donor egg.
- Unexplained causes of infertility: In almost 15-20% cases of infertility, the cause never gets diagnosed.
When is IVF not applicable?
- Women without a womb
- Inaccessible ovaries in women
- Earlier pelvic abscess
- When pregnancy may risk woman’s life
IVF is emerging as big respite for couples facing pregnancy issues but its high cost, potential pregnancy risks like premature babies or ectopic pregnancies, and chances of multiple gestations like twins and triplets are factors that are making people think twice. It may even require more than one cycle of IVF for success.
Best Infertility specialists in India