Advantages of different Hearing Aid styles:-
1. Invisible Hearing Aids are custom made. These are mostly suggested for middle aged users. Selected models also allow for the aid to be connected to a mobile phone through which the volume settings can be changed instead of taking the hearing aid out physically.
2. Behind The Ear hearing aids are the standard and most accessible style of hearing aid in the market. They are available in different colours and are extremely user friendly.
3. The Receiver In Canal hearing aids have a discreet design with easy to use buttons that can be worn by first time users. They are also available in different colours, sizes and technologies.
4. Completely In Canal and In The Canal hearing aids are custom-made or moulded for the wearer. Most CIC and ITC hearing aids are fully automatic and don’t require much intervention on the part of the user.
5. In The Ear Hearing Aids are custom-made. ITE hearing aids are easier to insert. They use larger batteries and last longer.
Hearing Aids in India are available in various styles and each style has different models. Both Central and State governments subsidise or give the hearing devices away, free of cost to the poor. The market however, has a dynamic price range that caters to everyone’s needs and preferences. Hearing aids can be available for as much as ₹ 290,000 to as cost efficient as ₹ 1000.