About Brain Mapping
A technique which attempts to comprehend the complex structure of brain and its activities in detail; aids in understanding the connection between different parts of the brain and their consequent behaviour.
Types of brain mapping techniques:
Electrical impulses of the brain are measured.
Positron Emission Tomography (PET):
Intake of nuclear medicine or radioactive drug by the patient in order to image the body organs and tissues and show their corresponding activities.
Functional MRI (fMRI):
Used when there is a change in the flow of blood to a specific area of the brain. The neural activity of that area changes and requires more oxygen and hence the blood flow increases to an active part of the brain.
Pharmacological functional MRI (phMRI):
Studying the changes in neural activities of the brain to understand the effects of substances in a non-invasive way; especially helpful in understanding the mechanism behind disorders like depression and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS):
Used to cure depression in a non-invasive way when all other methods and treatments have failed; involves electromagnetic stimulation of the brain in order to control the mood of a person.
Top Hospital for Brain Mapping in Indore
43, Sheetal Nagar, Scheme no 54, AB Road, Vijaynagar Square, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, 452011, India
Multi Speciality Hospital
Fee Range: INR 400 to INR 700
Top Doctor for Brain Mapping in Indore
MBBS, MD - Medicine, DM - Neurology
Associate Consultant - Neurology
11 Years of Experience
Consultation Fee: INR 700
More Information on Brain Mapping
This procedure is ideal for people suffering from neurological and nervous system disorders which include ADD/ADHD, depression, brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, memory loss, etc.
1. Ensure a time for mapping when you are most alert.
2. Take a sound sleep before the procedure.
3. Have a balanced meal 1-3 hours before the procedure.
4. If you are on medication, discuss and consult about it with the doctor before the procedure.
5. Wash your hair properly before going for a session and avoid the use of styling gels, oil, etc. on the day of your session.
Doctors detect a particular area pertaining to a specific function such as speech, movement and vision without interfering with the brain function. Through this they study irregular brainwave patterns.
How it works- The electrical impulses of the brain are captured with the help of a cap placed on the scalp. It takes less than half an hour within which wave patterns in different parts of the brain are effectively displayed. After studying the wave patterns, problem areas are detected and the result is displayed.
Please refer to before/during procedure.
- Triggering of seizure especially for people suffering from epilepsy as the mapping generally takes place originally in the area where seizure begins;
- depending upon the condition of the patient at that time either the process is stopped or the patient is medicated with anti seizure medicine before continuing further with the process.
- Apart from this, patient at times might feel a slight pain or tingling effect in the area where current is passed.
Costs: Between Rs. 400 to Rs. 2,500.
• Easy to use
• Aids in using the brain the way it was designed