A hard mass developed from crystals and separated by the urinary tract is called kidney stone. If your pain gets worse, you should immediately consult the best urologist nearby. The process of kidney stone removal is known as “Lithotripsy”. The doctor skilled in diagnosing kidney related issues is called a urologist. Actually, it depends on different factors of your body, if the kidney stone removal is required or not because there are few cases in which the issue can be solved by taking medications only. Factors on which Kidney Stone Removal depends on are the size of kidney stone and the pain faced. The treatment proceeds through a surgical method known as percutaneous nephrolithotomy. This procedure is used in case of large kidney stones.
Kidney Stone Removal cost in India is done by two methods. If done by laser or holmium laser, kidney stone removal cost ranges between 50 to 80K and by general process range is between 15 to 35K. Extra expenses in heart valve treatment are higher due to the tests required to get assured whether the Kidney Stone Removal is actually required or not.
Kidney stone in the human body can cause severe issues like cancer, that is why the removal procedure is recommended by the doctors in critical cases. An experienced urologist should be consulted If any symptoms like severe pain below the ribs, pain on urination, nausea, and vomiting are felt for a prolonged period. These symptoms if not diagnosed timely may result in severe kidney disorders. Being obese is the biggest risk factor in Kidney stone removal. Below given are the precautions you should care about after kidney stone removal, Have a look.
Kidney Stone Removal is a procedure involves breaking the stones using techniques like lithotripsy, ureteroscopy or nephrolithotomy. In most cases, these stones can be passed out of the body through urine once they are broken into smaller pieces.
There are 3 main techniques for removing kidney stones:
1. Lithotripsy is the most widely used procedure for kidney stone removal. It can be performed in following 3 ways
2. Ureteroscopy is a surgical procedure performed by inserting ureteroscope in the urethra.
3. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy is used when lithotripsy and ureteroscopy does not prove sucessful. It is used for comparatively larger kidney stones.
The indications for Kidney Stone Removal procedure include:
The tests to be carried out before the procedure include:
Kidney Stone Removal procedure is generally performed by an experienced urologist.
1. Lithotripsy - In this procedure, the kidney stones are broken down into small pieces using either of the below mentioned techniques. The broken pieces are passed out of the body via urine. A standard lithotripsy procedure is completed within 45 minutes to an hour.
2. Ureteroscopy - An incision is made in the body to insert a ureteroscope (a viewing instrument) into the urethra. Ureteroscope is then via bladder and ureter and kidney stone is located. Using forceps, stone is grabbed and removed surgically.
3. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy - It is an elaborate surgery which is performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon puts a cut in the back of the body to insert a tube into the kidney via bladder. X-ray will be used to find the exact location of the stone and access them. If the stone is large to fit the tube, then it is broken into smaller pieces. Stones are drained through the tube.
The patient is generally discharged on the same day if lithotripsy is used. In case of ureteroscopy and percutaneous nephrolitotomy, the patient has to stay in hospital for 1 to 2 days.
Tests like X - ray and ultrasound are carried out after a few days to make sure that none of the stone particles are left behind.
The recovery time after this procedure ranges between a few days to several weeks depending on the condition of the patient before the procedure and the effects that the stone had on the organ. If there are no complications following the procedure, the patient can recover completely in a week’s time.
The doctor will recommend increasing intake of water considerably. The patients are advised to limit the intake of foods with high protein content and salt. Meats, bananas, pulses, nuts, coffee and green leafy vegetables should be avoided during the recovery period.
Patients may witness some side effects after the procedure. These include:
The lithotripsy cost varies with the type of lithotripsy procedure performed for the patient. The general cost of ESWL process ranges between Rs. 15000 to Rs. 35000.
Lithotripsy cost for laser and holmium laser procedures may vary from Rs. 50000 to Rs. 80000.
If you have any additional questions, talk to our in-house doctors. Call 8010-994-994.
For any assistance on Kidney Stone Removal in India, talk to our medical experts.Talk to a Medical Expert