What are the benefits of Laparoscopic surgery?
- In comparison to the traditional open surgery, laparoscopic surgery subjects its patients to lesser pain.
- The recovery time after the surgery is also shorter.
- There is minimal scarring with laparoscopic surgery.
Which doctors perform Laparoscopic surgery?
Usually laparoscopic surgery is performed by a General Surgeon, OB/GYN.
What procedures can be done by Laparoscopic Surgery?
- The surgery for Crohn’s disease can be done using laparoscopic surgery
- The surgeries for ulcerative colitis and diverticulitis are also performed using this technique.
- Cancer, severe constipation and rectal prolapse related surgeries can be performed too.
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding costs around Rs 60000
- Laparoscopic Rouxen gastric bypass costs close to Rs 10800
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass will cost about Rs 564000