The following are a few of the steps to be taken before the procedure:
• The doctor should have the patient’s medical history, which definitely includes the details of the woman’s previous C-section and other uterine procedures.
• The patient and her loved ones should learn as much about VBAC as possible, including talking to people who have experienced it before.
• The hospital must be one that has the provision for emergency C-section.
• The patient’s body should be physically prepared, should be in good physical condition.
• The patient should avoid taking drugs for inducing labour, and instead should allow the labour to begin naturally if possible.
• The patient should maintain a positive outlook.