Table of Contents
Yes! we are all aware of the myriad benefits of honey and milk and the crucial role they play in our overall growth and development to ensure a healthy you! But, we know the benefits of the same individually and not together as one drink! So, let us now imagine if we mix both – we’d get Milk and Honey benefits combined. Therefore, benefits x 2! Let us not wait and dive into the benefits of honey with milk.
Nutritious Components of Milk & Honey
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]Honey and its goodness have been praised a lot in Ayurveda.
- It has 0.3 Gms – Protein per 100 Gms
- Home to several vitamins
- Contains an abundant amount of minerals
- All of it with 0 Fat content!
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]Milk, on the other hand, is the known to be an elixir of life, after water.
- It is calcium-rich and has various vitamins. It has 1% of fat, abundant amount of proteins
- Contains numerous minerals like sodium and potassium
Benefits of Honey with Milk
Now, imagine if these two extremely healthy and nutritious things are combined? Their goodness gets multiplied and it creates this ‘magic potion’, which has magical effects on health. Following are the benefits of having honey with milk:
1. Healthy Skin
Owing to the properties of honey and milk, this combination is amazing. It is used in many skin care products like moisturizers, soaps, face wash, etc.
- It works excellently in curing and avoiding acne because of it’s antibacterial property.
- It smoothens the skin
- It soothes the dry or sunburnt skin
- When mixed in the bath, with equal amounts of honey and milk, it gives effects like body polishing.
- Excellent natural moisturizer
- Abundant amounts of antioxidants in this drink helps in anti-aging treatments as well. It helps in reducing wrinkles, loose skin and degeneration of cells. Milk and honey benefits the ones who never want to grow old!
2. Boosts Stamina
Because of the bumper enzymes present in the mixture, it is said that it is highly recommended for people who feel lethargic and tired all day. This mixture recharges the body and helps to keep up the stamina if consumed regularly.
3. Aids Digestion
Thanking the perfect amount of nutrition and the viscosity of the mixture formed, honey and milk benefits also include aiding digestion.
- Most of the times, because of the irregular eating times and consumption of spicy junk food, the texture of lining of intestine gets disrupted. This potion soothes the lining and helps in proper digestion of food while balancing the acidic levels in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Honey has prebiotic properties, because of which, it helps in bloating, constipation and stomach aches.
- This mixture can also help in reduction of weight by acting on the digestive system and metabolizing the excess fats present in the body. Milk and honey benefits the digestive system on a very huge scale.
4. Improves Bone Health
Bone requires calcium and vitamin D for staying strong and sturdy. This drink has both, therefore, it helps a lot in improving bone health. Especially, women during menopause, someone who has witnessed a fracture, pregnant and lactating women must have this drink for their healthy bones.
5. Treats Insomnia
Many elders recommend having this drink at night before going to sleep, as it helps in having a quiet and peaceful sleep. This happens because honey with milk releases certain hormones, which calm down the body and give a nice sleep.
6. Fights Stress
As this drink is soothing for the body, it is also soothing for the mind. In this busy and stressful life, a glassful of honey and milk will destress you and give a very calming feeling.
Also, read about: Fiber Rich Indian Foods.
7. Treats Respiratory Problems
This magic potion works wonders on the respiratory tract as well. It reduces a cough and throat irritation. Anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of this drink help in fighting against disorders like Asthma.
8. Fastens Healing
In any injury, cut, ailment or disease, this drink helps in fastening the healing process. Thanks to it’s antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, every sick or recovering person is given milk with honey for a faster and healthier recovery.
Honey & Milk Benefits: Takeaway
This ‘magical potion’ indeed does magic on human bodies. It has effects on almost every system of our bodies, respiratory, gastrointestinal and nervous system as well. These effects make us look beautiful, lose weight, fight stress, sleep well and fasten recovery. So, why not invest in this inexpensive drink for a healthier and prettier tomorrow.
Image Source: Google Images.