What is Skin toner?Toner is a liquid used to unlock the pores by removing excess moisture in the skin and keeping hydrated, producing a refreshing look. Generally, it is applied in the morning and before you go to bed.
How to use a toner for oily skin?You can use toner twice a day after facewash and moisturizer. Our face is exposed to the impurities of pollutants left after the facewash. Following are a few tips for using toner -
- Immediately after you cleanse the face with soap or face wash, wipe your face with soft towels.
- Gently pour a toner liquid and apply it to the face and the neck to get rid of the remaining impurities. Toner gives a refreshing look.
- After that, you should not face the wash with water since the toner has quickly absorbed into the skin.
- If you have an oily skin tone, you should use toner to remove extra greasy from the skin and make it hydrated. Try the best face toner for oily skin.
What Things to Consider Before Buying A Toner For Oily Skin?
- Purchase a toner for oily skin to remove excess grease and impurities after cleansing.
- Avoid buying toner that contains fragrances such as rose water and citrus fruits.
- Don't go for cheap toner products, drugs, and chemical stores. They may have a chance to contain alcohol resulting in danger to the skin.
- Don't choose toners with a high amount of astringent that causes irritation and itching of the skin.
What is the natural facial toner for oily skin?Following are easy homemade best toner for oily skin with natural ingredients that will improve skin tone and improve skin's overall health.
1. Apple cider vinegar :
- Blend 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into 1 cup of water
- Dip the cotton pad into the solution and gently wipe your face.
2. Mint leaves :
- Boil over 6-7 cups of water
- Add a few mint leaves to the water
- Dip the cotton pad into the solution and gently wipe the face.
3. Lemon juice with peppermint tea:
- Add a concentrated lemon juice and peppermint tea bag with the cup of hot water.
- Dip the peppermint bag into the hot water.
- Add the juice of a lemon to that solution and remove the peppermint tea bag and get mixed well.
- Allow the solution to get cool.
- Dip the cotton pad into the solution and wipe your face.
4. Aloe vera :
- Peel the leaf of the aloe vera and get the 2-spoons of gel aloe vera.
- Mix that gel with 1 cup of water.
- Apply the solution with the help of a cotton pad to the face.
- The solution will cool the beginning to ending.
- Add 3-fresh cucumbers and make small pieces to the cup of water
- Boil the solution for 10 mins. Allow the solution to get cooled
- Then apply the solution with a cotton pad to get a better refreshment
6. Green tea :
- Gently make a lemon tea and allow it to cool.
- Dip the cotton pad to wipe the face to get a fresh look.
What are the benefits of toner for oily skin?
1. Diminishes the visibility of the poresYou can feel the difference in your skin after applying the toner. The skin appears soft and silken with a reduction of pores. Your skin appears glossy and more bright when you feel the reduction of pores. Toner helps to give a luminous, appealing look.
2. Closes the skin pores look firmlyIt gives you wonderful skin to be refreshing and helps skin look firm. You will notice a difference if you apply it consistently.
3. Gives a cool lookWhen you apply the toner, you can feel the difference in skin cells get revitalized so that it gives you an energetic look on your face
4. Safeguards from the environmental pollutantsWhen you apply toner and step out of the house, you can stay away from all types of pollutants .since toner acts as a protector to safeguard your skin.
5. It Calms The SkinA toner is generally used to smoothen the skin by giving a cooling effect in turn. If you have rashes and irritation, botanically sourced facial toner is an excellent way to give your skin a relaxing sensation and can reduce any temporary irritation or uneasiness.
6. Supports the removal of impurities and dustWhen applying the toner, firstly cleanser helps to remove the impurities by producing less foamy. After that, the toner helps to close the pores by removing left-out impurities and debris in the skin. Also, Read 11 Best Face Sunscreen for Oily Skin
10 Best Toner For Oily Skin Available in 2023 -Here is a quick guide for the best Toner for Oily skin -
1. Oriental Botanics Aloe Vera, Green Tea & Cucumber Face TonerOriental Botanics Aloe Vera, Green Tea & Cucumber Face Toner is cleansing toner takes up the makeup residue and excess oil and reduces the pores, leaving your skin with a fresh appearance. It also diminishes pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads and protects from pollutants. It is rich in cucumber ingredients giving a calming and cooling sensation to the skin. Pros
- Natural components
- Free of toxic chemicals
- Mineral oil-free
- Sometimes there is a cause of acne formation.
2. Blossom Kocchar aroma magic Aromatic Skin TonerBlossom Kocchar aroma magic Aromatic Skin Toner: It Indulges in natural toner, which enhances essential oils and botanical extract. The ideal preparation of toner smoothens your skin without stripping away its natural moisture. Rosemary is a natural astringent that helps keep a proper skin tone and relaxes your skin. Pros
- Sucked up quickly
- Free of toxic chemicals
- Free of alcohol
- Free of unnatural colors.
- Awful odor.
3. Minimalist PHA 3% + Biotic TonerMinimalist PHA 3% + Biotic Toner: Minimalism is enhanced in PHA (Polyhydroxy acids), which is used in scaling off your skin. The low-density formula immediately sucks the moisture into your skin without leaving a greasy- feeling. This pore-diminishing toner balances your skin's pH, shrinks pores, and removes impurities and excess oils. The ingredients present in probiotics and prebiotics safeguard from environmental pollutants and produce hydration for a long period. Pros
- Free of toxic chemicals
- Free of stains
- Awful odor.
4. Irem Deep Cleansing Facial Toner
Irem Deep Cleansing Facial Toner: The best thing about this toner is that it is suitable for all skin types and contains active components such as vitamins and glycolic acid, giving the skin a smooth and silky appearance. It balances, nourishes, and revitalizes skin. Pros :
- It just gives out skin tone and safeguards the skin
- Relaxes give sufficient moisture and shelter your skin.
- Reduces the visibility of large pores.
- Controls a large amount of sebum and oil from the skin
- Cleanse excessive dirt from the skin.
- It balances, nourishes, and revitalizes skin.
- Excess oils are generated when using this toner.
5. Lotus Herbals Basiltone Cucumber And Basil Toner For Oily SkinLotus Herbals Basiltone Cucumber And Basil Toner For Oily Skin: Lotus herbals are improved toners for oily skin, The cleansing is done at a deep level of your skin with the help of a blending of cucumber and basil extracts. It also shelters your skin from environmental pollutants with the help of botanical extracts. Pros:
- Revives your skin's natural radiance.
- It also hydrates your skin layers gently.
- Contains parabens.
6. Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner For Oily SkinNeutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner For Oily Skin: Neutrogena toner for oily skin that gives you nourishing skin. It maintains the organic oils of your surface intact with the help of the oil-free toner acting as a moisturizer. It also maintains the state of your skin by removing impurities with its moderate formulation. Pros:
- It revitalizes the surface of the skin layers
- It hydrates your skin without removing your natural oils.
- Contains harmful toxins
7. Mamaearth Vitamin C Face TonerMamaearth Vitamin C Face Toner: It is enriched with vitamin C, which diminishes magnified pores and nourishes your skin. Vitamin C reduces the effects of premature signs like black circles, wrinkles, and black spots. The toner contains aloe vera and cucumber extracts, balancing skin pH levels. It revitalizes and hydrates your skin and improves its suppleness. Pros
- Free of harmful toxins
- Free of silicons
- Free of alcohol
- Synthetic fragrance-free
- It May cause redness.
8. Lakme Absolute Pore Fix TonerLakme Absolute Pore Fix Toner: Lakme produces the exact answer for the perfect skin tone. It helps eliminate makeup debris, grease, and other pollutants from your pores and skin. The alcohol-free component in the toner makes the skin and does not stimulate dryness. Pros:
- Good Aroma
- Suck up immediately
- Moisturizing formula
- Free of alcohol.
- Slight prickling sensation
9. Urban Botanics 100% Pure & Natural Rose WaterUrban Botanics 100% Pure & Natural Rose Water: It contains an enhancing rose essence. This excellent toner provides quick hydration and revitalizes your pale and exhausted skin. Pros:
- Hydrating toner
- Rich rose fragrance
- 100% organic
- Free of artificial colors and preservatives
- No artificial fragrances
10. Plum Green Tea Alcohol-Free TonerPlum Green Tea Alcohol-Free Toner: This organic-designed toner from plum is blended with glycolic acid, gently washing away dead skin cells, excess dirt, and sebum. It reduces black spots, tan, and imperfections, making your skin fresh and flawless-looking. Pros:
- Free of alcohol
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Free of silicones
- Fragrance rich
FAQ -Also Read: Best Face Wash for Dry Skin
Final Thoughts -If you possess an oily skin type, try to search harder for a suitable toner since toner has adverse effects based on the inclusion of the component. It is better to buy toner with alcohol-free, paraben-free, and free silicones and sulfates. It is even better to choose a natural toner than a chemical-oriented one. Also Read: How To Remove Black Spots on Face? Find The Solution Here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to wash off the face after applying the toner?
No need to wash your face after applying the toner. the best time to apply the toner is after cleansing your face with facewash or soap.
Can toner damage your skin?
Based on the ingredients, youâ€™re selecting the toner. If you choose the toner with alcohol and parabens, it irritates and damages the skin.
What characteristic must the toner possess for oily skin?
It should have grease-balancing features. It should retain only natural oils in the skin and remove excess sebum.
Should I wait for the toner to get dried?
It may vary from the products of the toner you purchase. Some toners will take up to a few minutes to get dried off.
How do I know that toner is working out for me?
You can feel the difference by looking at your face in the mirror. It looks refreshing and smoother. By using it consistently, the skin becomes hydrated and silkier.