Table of Contents
- Deaths Reported Globally
- Coronavirus in Other Countries
- Common Symptoms of Coronavirus
- How is Coronavirus Transmitted?
- Coronavirus Prevention Tips
The deadly Coronavirus (COVID-19) has spread to more than 203 countries & territories and the number of people infected has gone over 8 Lakhs. Over forty three thousand people have died in sixty eight countries since it first got detected in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
As per 1st April total 1637 people, including 25 foreigners have been detected in India. This also includes the 143 patients who have already been recovered. Total 45 death has been reported in India due to novel coronavirus till now.
Coronavirus is a family of viruses that predominantly infect animals, but in some cases can be transmitted to humans. Usually, diseases caused by coronavirus proceed in a mild form, without causing severe symptoms.
In this article we’ll update you on latest coronavirus updates, coronavirus symptoms and coronavirus prevention tips.
Watch Coronavirus causes, symptoms and coronavirus prevention tips explained by Dr. Sushila Kataria, Director of Internal Medicine at Medanta
Deaths Reported Globally
- In China, more than 80,000 confirmed cases have been registered and around 2 lakhs people have infected globally, according to SCMP.
- According to the World Health Organization, 8774 thousand infected individuals have already been identified outside of China, 1598 new cases have been confirmed per day. Cases of infection have been detected in 176 countries, and 128 people have died from coronavirus outside China.
- The number of victims has amounted to 9127 people, including 7263 in mainland China.
Coronavirus in Other Countries
- The US Federal Reserve, due to coronavirus for the first time since 2008, lowered its base interest rate to 1–1.25%, dropping it by 0.5 percentage points.
- The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus infection in Iran increased to 18407, while 1.8 thousand cases were reported the day before. The number of deaths reached 1284.
- US Vice President Mike Pence said that new drugs for those infected with the coronavirus COVID-19 may be ready in the summer or early fall.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in said his country launched a “round-the-clock war” against the coronavirus. Over the past days, 91 deaths have been reported in South Korea.
Common Symptoms of Coronavirus
The disease appears to become more severe with age, preferring age groups 30 to 79. In the vast majority of cases, below symptoms are associated not with coronavirus but with the usual SARS.
- Increased temperature (High Fever)
- Sore throat
- Laboured Breathing
How is Coronavirus Transmitted?
Like other respiratory viruses, coronavirus spreads through the droplets that form when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Also, in rare cases, it can spread when someone touches any contaminated surface, such as a door handle. People become infected when they touch their mouth, nose, or eyes with contaminated hands.
Follow theses coronavirus prevention tips and stay safe and protected:
- To protect yourself from this novel coronavirus, keep your hands and surfaces clean.
- Wash your hands properly and keep them clean. Wash them with soap and water. Soap and water are superior to sanitizers as they have the ability to eliminate all type of germs.
- Wash your hands before touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
- At work, regularly clean surfaces and devices that you touch (computer keyboard, general office equipment panels, smartphone screen, remotes, door handles and handrails).
- Try to Carry disposable wipes with you if you went outside and cover your nose and mouth always when you cough or sneeze, and dispose of the wipes after use.
- Be careful when visiting crowded places like shopping malls, airports and other public places.
- Avoid touching the surfaces and objects located in such places and do not touch your face.
- Avoid eating from outside if possible.
- Explain about good hand hygiene and face hygiene to your children.
- Always wash your hands before eating.
- Ventilate the room frequently.
- Tell your children about coronavirus prevention.
If you find symptoms similar to mentioned above and caused by the coronavirus, stay at home and call a doctor immediately.
Indian Ministry of health and family welfare started helplines for Coronavirus. These Covid-19 helplines were accessible all day. Call at these helplines numbers in case of need:
|National Helpline no||011-23978046|
|New – Delhi||011-23385743|
|South West||011 -25066674|
Also, Read about: Human Coronavirus: What is The Newest Threat to Asia?
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment cost from various centers and timely medical updates