We celebrated Diwali with a lot of joy and happiness. We all have lighted up our houses with candles and diyas. But there are no alarms or signs for any unfortunate events. At that time, we don't have medical help. So we decided to share some home remedies to heal the burns and blisters caused during Diwali.
Home Remedies for Burn and BlistersDiwali is a festival of lights and we all light up our houses with diyas, candles and many other decorative products. While decoration, many of us get injured by the fire of diyas or crackers. To overcome the pain, we have some home remedies that will surely help you. Let's get started.
1. Running the burn under cool water:Keeping the burnt area under running water for 20 minutes will help you a lot. This will cool the skin down and soothe the burn. This is helpful in two ways. Firstly, it will reduce the burning sensation and prevent the burn from worsening. Secondly, it will prevent the burn from damaging deeper layers of skin.
2. Cleaning the burn:It is essential to clean the burn after running it under the water. But do not scrub or rub the skin. Cleaning will prevent any kind of infection. If the burn gets infected, it may compromise the healing process. If the skin burn is causing intolerable pain, do consult with a doctor without any delay.
3. Avoid covering the burn:If the burn is minor, then do not try to cover it with a bandage. Though, if the burn blisters are open, then the bandage will work as a barrier against infection. Do not wrap the bandage tightly, keep it slightly loose. Try not to apply sticky bandages directly on the affected area.
4. Antibiotic creams:Apply antibiotic creams and ointments on the burn for quick recovery. This will help prevent infection in the wound. After applying the ointment, cover up any exposed blisters to protect the wound from infection.
5. Apply Aloe Vera:Aloe vera is a topical remedy to treat burns and promote wound healing. This is the most common ingredient found in many creams, sunscreens and moisturizers. Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory properties that promote good circulation. Along with this, it also has antibacterial properties that stop bacteria from growing.
6. Apply Honey:Honey is an amazing ingredient that can be used as a home remedy to cure mild burn. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that speed up the healing process.
7. Apply Wet Black Tea:The goodness of tannins in black tea reduces the heat from the affected area and diminishes the pain. To get instant relief from the burn, place a cool wet tea bag on the affected area for some time.
ConclusionIn the above article, we have mentioned some helpful home remedies for skin burns. Be more careful while lightning and decorating your homes. If you get any accidental burns or blaster by the diyas or crackers, you can use the above remedies to help yourself and your family. These remedies are completely natural and effective. But don't forget to see a doctor in case of an emergency.