Table of Contents
- Girls health: 1st period/cramps/ Menstrual problems/ irregular periods?
- Breast development?
- Different breast sizes?
- Can I wear bra while sleeping?
- Increase in height and weight?
- Female reproductive system?
- Urinary tract infections?
- Why prone?
- How to prevent?
- Vaginal discharge? What’s normal, what’s not?
- Signs and Symptoms?
- Join the PCOD & PCOS Support Group on Facebook and be a part of a platform where hundreds of women sharing their experiences and doubts.
- Best Gynaecologists in Delhi NCR, Kolkata, Mumbai Region, Hyderabad, Chennai
Girls health: 1st period/cramps/ Menstrual problems/ irregular periods?
Once all the reproductive organs are ready, the girl gets her 1st period. It is normal to have cramps for the first few days during the menstrual cycle. Teenagers undergo emotional changes and get irritated and angry easily during the menstrual cycle. Periods are pretty irregular in the beginning. However, it gets regularized after a few months.
The breast can start growing anytime from 9 years to 13 years and it grows in stages. It starts with a small bump near the nipple and gradually takes its full shape.
Different breast sizes?
The breast sizes are different for everyone. Genetics also plays a role in determining the breast size.
Can I wear bra while sleeping?
Not necessary to wear a bra while sleeping as there is no harm.
Increase in height and weight?
A significant increase in height and weight is seen. The breasts, uterus and vagina become bigger.
Acnes commonly occur during puberty. Important to use a good face wash to keep face clean.
Female reproductive system?
The sex Hormones are produced during puberty. Secretion of different types of hormones like the luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone increases during puberty.
Urinary tract infections?
The kidneys, ureters, bladder, or urethra get infected in Urinary Tract infection (UTI).Urine passes though these organs before being released.
The female urethra is very small, which spreads the germs in the bladder even faster. The opening of urethra is near to the anus and vagina. As a result these organs are also prone to have bacteria resulting in UTI.
How to prevent?
UTI can be prevented by the following methods:
- Consume a lot of water and other fluid
- Clean yourself from back to front
- Keep the bladder empty quickly after having intercourse
- Use quality feminine products
Vaginal discharge? What’s normal, what’s not?
Vaginal discharge is a white or yellowish spot, which is damp in your underwear. It is normal to have a vaginal discharge as long as it is clear, smooth and not smelly. It is abnormal when the discharge is itchy, uneasy or odorous. These are signs of infection.
The full form of PCOD is polycystic ovarian disease. It is when a person gets a polycystic ovary (an ovary having a lot of cysts)
Signs and Symptoms?
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Unwanted facial and body hair
Weight Loss is the most effective treatment for PCOD patients. Lot of physical activity and proper diet is a key to weight loss.
Join the PCOD & PCOS Support Group on Facebook and be a part of a platform where hundreds of women sharing their experiences and doubts.
Best Gynaecologists in Delhi NCR, Kolkata, Mumbai Region, Hyderabad, Chennai