Table of Contents Hide
Try these homemade drinks for summer boosting your immune system naturally to fight the Coronavirus.
It’s the month of April and you can say that sunny day are here again but on the other hand, we are facing a worldwide crisis. The more and more days will pass it is getting more dangerous. In this situation, if your immune system is strong enough, you’ll be able to fight off the Coronavirus. Even staying indoors is nothing short of a torcher when it comes to your life. Not going out is an option that many think is an ideal way to beat the crisis during the lockdown. But, does that keeps you active, fit, and healthy throughout this period?
Well, no! Taking care of your health and the immune system means your body needs proper nutrition and water intake. Yes, water is the best way of surviving. Some refreshing homemade drinks for the immune system are a sure-shot way of keeping you stay active and strong. Yes, you got it right. Staying hydrated during the crisis at home is not that tough and you can also keep yourself away from drinks loaded with artificial colors and flavors that are sweetened with made-up sugar content.
Homemade Drinks For summer Boosting Your Immune System
So, stay hydrated by stirring some refreshing homemade drinks for boosting your Immune System.
1. Melon Puree –
This drink is incredibly refreshing and simple to make. This juicy fruit is a great source of Vitamin C and while you puree it instead of juicing, you retain all of the healthy fiber. Melon puree can be made easily at home and here’s the recipe for how you can make this interesting drink.
- Begin by slicing up a honeydew melon or cantaloupe into chunks.
- Smoothen by blending, adding a bit of water to thin things out, if necessary.
- Chill your puree before serving for extra cooling benefits
This refreshing drink can be made with watermelon or any other sweet melon, but I have only tried honeydew and cantaloupe.
Also, read about: Beat The Heat: Top 20 Health Benefits Of Watermelon
2. Cucumber Mint Water –
Having mint water in summer is quite common and Cucumber mint water might sound odd, but is certainly a great cooling summer drink with a couple of cucumber slices and a sprig of mint. This can be served as one glass at a time or put together as a whole pitcher to keep in the fridge and let the summers do their magic. So, knowing how to make a single glass of pitcher is a good idea, but knowing how to make an eight-serving batch of cucumber mint water will surely impress the guests.
- Mix half of the sliced cucumber and ½ cup of coarsely chopped mint in a four-quart pitcher.
- Top the pitcher off with 16 cups of water and chill until you are ready to serve.
It is an additional benefit if you grow your own mint or cucumbers to whip up this beverage.
3. Strawberry Lemonade –
Homemade lemonades are the best thing to have in summer, except for adding strawberries to the mix. Fresh strawberries have the right amount of sweetness to make this your new summer drink.
- Slice the tops from the strawberries and adds lemon juice to a blender and pulse until the strawberries are liquid. Strain juice through a sieve if you prefer most of the pulp to be removed.
- Pour the juice into a ½ gallon pitcher, and add slices of lemon, filled with chilled water. Don’t overfill the pitcher with water add just enough to make half a water gallon. Just drop some ice and enjoy.
- Garnish the sides of the glasses with lemon slices and half of the strawberry pieces and enjoy your drink.
4. Pomegranate Juice –
Having juices in summer is quite common, but making your own juice is a healthy option and solution for your taste buds as well as satiating your love for juice. This is the perfect pick for you if you do not like having added unnatural ingredients found in many store-bought juices. Pomegranate has become popular among juice drinkers and provides plenty of health benefits and a slightly tart flavor tastes great in juices.
Here is how to make this sparkling drink:
- Add ice to a glass, and pour in pomegranate juice, seltzer water, and lemon. So, easy and simple and ready in minutes.
5. Hot pink cooler –
To enjoy this drink, you do not have to be a beet lover and is also a perfect alternative to soda and other types of juices. Unlike other juices, these boxes are not packed with refined sugar. It is made with fresh, whole ingredients and is also easy to make.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and wash beet, remove stem and slice off ends. Rub the beet with a few drops of olive oil, wrap in foil, and place on a cookie sheet. Bake them approximately for 50 minutes or until tender.
- If you are making more than one drink, then increase the number of beets used. Allow it to cool at room temperature, refrigerate until chilled, remove beet from the foil, and peel.
- Add the blender, beet, and ginger root, and blend until combined. Add orange and lemon juice; blend until beet is thoroughly blended. Just drop some ice and enjoy.
- This recipe can easily serve up to 1 and a half servings and yields about 1 ½ cups.
6. Ginger Cooler –
In summer while you try to avoid spicy food because of digestive disorders and other problems, there is this refreshing summer drink, Ginger Cooler, a spicy drink that might seem wrong as per the season, but actually, help regulate your body to its actual temperature. This drink will do its trick and keep your body according to the season.
- ¼ Chopped ginger
- ½ chopped mint leaves
- Juice of one lime
- 6 cups sparking water
- Sweetener of your choice or as per your taste
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and serve a chilled and refreshing ginger cooler.
7. Southern-style sweet tea –
Addiction to tea is something many people grow up with. However, having a new type of tea is something you should not ignore, especially in summer. And, if you have never tasted sweet tea, then it will be the right choice at this time. You might not have heard about Southern-style sweet tea, but it is time that you are in for a sweeter treat and get ready to pamper your taste buds.
- Begin by taking a small saucepan over medium-high heat, get 2 cups of water to the point of steaming, remove from heat and add tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for 8 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags, add honey, and stir to combine. Add 6 cups of chilled water to a half-gallon pitcher next add the tea and stir. Add sliced lemons along with fresh mint leaves. Serve with ice and enjoy.
So, it’s time to cool down your nerves this summer with these refreshing homemade drinks for boosting your Immune System.
Also, read about: Top 6 Detox Water Recipes For Weight Loss & Glowing Skin
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment cost from various centers and timely medical updates