Table of Contents
How to Stop Tooth Pain Fast at Home: A toothache is nothing but a mild to severe pain in and around your teeth and jaws. Tooth pain indicates that you have a tooth or gum concern and should look into it immediately. There are a lot of factors that lead to toothache. Toothache can be awfully bad. However, it is crucial to treat them. Many of us may fear going to a dentist or taking medications for our pain. Some of us wish to get it treated at our home itself rather than going to a doctor. So there are a lot of remedies that help us to reduce for how to stop tooth pain fast at home. Let’s have a look at this article to learn more about it.
What causes tooth pain?
Tooth pain can include various causal factors. Some of the factors that can lead to toothache include the following:
- Dental decay
- Teeth grinding
- Periodontal disease
How to stop tooth pain fast at home?
Tooth pain is awful. And tolerating that pain is very difficult. Hence, there are some remedies that you can do at home to reduce or stop that pain. They are as follows:
Salt Water Rinse
- One of the best tips to stop tooth pain is salt water. For a lot of people out there, salt water rinse is the best treatment line.
- Saltwater is a natural disinfectant. It can help to loosen the food particles stuck in between your teeth. A lot of the tooth pain we experience is because the food particles and debris get stuck between our teeth, and it causes a lot of pain.
- Moreover, treating your toothache with salt water can help you reduce inflammation and heal any oral wounds if present.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water and use it as a mouthwash. It’ll work like a miracle for you.
Hydrogen Peroxide Rinse
- Another strategy for toothache is hydrogen peroxide rinse. Like salt water rinse, hydrogen peroxide rinse can help you reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Moreover, this rinse can help you reduce plaque and heal bleeding gums.
- All you need to do is, mix 3 percent of hydrogen peroxide with equal parts of water. You need to use it as a mouthwash, just like salt water rinse. But remember, you need not swallow it while doing the mouthwash.
Also, Read How To Make Tonsil Stones Fall Out?
- A cold compress is the third very important strategy to relieve tooth pain at home. A cold compress can help you relieve your pain, especially if any trauma causes it.
- Ice can help you decrease swelling and inflammation. Also, it can help to stop the bleeding.
- The cold effect restricts blood circulation, and it can then thereby numb the pain.
- You can make instant ice packs in your home in case of any emergencies. Ice can help you to make the cold compress quickly, instantly, and affordably.
Peppermint Tea Bags
- Another interesting yet helpful way out of your tooth pain is peppermint tea bags. Peppermint tea bags are very helpful in reducing the pain and swelling of the gums.
- So it would be best if you took any used tea bag to cool down a little before applying it to your affected area. It should not either be too cool or too hot. A warm one would be better, though.
- Garlic is another helpful way to ease your toothache. Garlic has a lot of medicinal and antibacterial properties, and it is used in a lot of households.
- It helps in relieving your tooth pain to a greater extent. It can also aid in killing the harmful bacteria that can cause dental plaque.
- All you have to do is smash a garlic clove to form a paste. If desired, season with a pinch of salt.
- Apply it to the affected painful area and leave it for a few minutes. You will feel a sense of relief for sure.
- Vanilla extract contains alcohol, which can numb the pain. This strategy is amazingly helpful for relieving your tooth pain.
- Vanilla extract is an effective healer.
- All you have to be sure of is that you use real vanilla rather than imitation vanilla.
- You need to apply it directly to the painful area, which will help you feel better in a few minutes.
Also, Read How to cure mouth ulcers fast and naturally?
- Clove is one of those strategies for your toothache that has been used throughout history.
- It is that old household strategy that anyone can think of in the next second. Clove has that oil that can help you numb the pain instantly and reduce inflammation.
- It contains eugenol, and it is a natural antiseptic.
- All you need to do is mix clove oil with carrier oil, like sunflower or jojoba oil.
- After mixing the oils, dip a cotton ball into the diluted oil and put it on the affected area. This will help you quickly. This is one of the best strategies when it comes to toothache.
Other Tips To Reduce The Tooth Pain
Aside from the remedies described above, several additional traditional healing methods or solutions can assist you in relieving tooth pain. The following list of items are usually available at most of our homes and can help you to heal your toothache:
- Painted nettles
- Blue Verbena
- Coconut Shell
- Guava Leaves
- Cola Nuts
- Mango Bark
- Sunflower Leaves
- Tobacco Leaves
- Pawpaw leaves
- Sweet Potato
Also, Read What to eat after wisdom teeth removal?
A toothache is nothing but a mild to severe pain in and around your teeth and jaws. Tooth pain indicates that you have a tooth or gum concern and should look into it immediately. There are a lot of strategies that can help you stop your tooth pain. This includes salt water rinse, hydrogen peroxide rinse, cold compress, garlic, clove, and vanilla extract. In case of excessive tooth pain or discomfort, you should immediately consult your doctor for prompt medical attention.