What is Leptospirosis Meaning?The disease by the name of Leptospirosis meaning is an unfortunate disease caused by a corkscrew shaped organism. It is a communicable infection that can make its way from animals to humans through an infectious urinal contaminated water, soil or plants. The animals that are believed to spread this infection are rats, raccoons, pigs and horses. One question that comes across our minds is what are Leptospirosis symptoms and how to treat this noxious infection? Let us study the same below.
Leptospirosis SymptomsThe person suffering from leptospirosis has to go through two stages:
- The first phase normally does not specifically indicate any leptospirosis symptoms. Rather, a person experiences normal health disorder symptoms like headache, puckish, high fever, diarrhea, sore throat, shivering followed by body ache. This period lasts for a week.
- The second phase drives the concern when the person is diagnosed with lung and kidney related issues, jaundice, fluctuations in heartbeat and thickening of the brain membrane, lining of the eyes and spinal column.
Leptospirosis TreatmentSince at stage 1, the disease - leptospirosis meaning is not detected, it will not be advisable to undergo any medications. However, the following leptospirosis treatments are applicable after the stage 2 symptoms appear.
- Intake of Antibiotics The physicians generally prescribe antibiotics like penicillin; ampicillin, erythromycin and amoxicillin to treat the sufferers diagnosed with stage 2 leptospirosis symptoms.
- Hospital Monitoring The patients with severe degree of fever are advised to get hospitalized for ultra hospital care. The ventilation strategies are designed for such severe cases.
- Renal Replacement Therapy When Leptospirosis symptoms takes a high turn, it affects the kidneys to the core thereby increasing the chances of kidney failure. In such cases, renal replacement therapy is advised. This technique supersedes the blood-filtering function of the kidneys to avoid ill avoid ill effects.
Takeaway: Leptospirosis in HumansLeptospirosis is a curable yet a highly communicable disease that has to be taken care of very cautiously. Remember, Leptospirosis symptoms,so that you can get hold of this disease at the right stage and act upon in accordingly. Following which you can go for immediate Leptospirosis treatment once the symptoms are detected.