Table of Contents
- Click here to watch a Liver Transplant patient experience
- Pre-requisites for liver transplant donors
- Liver Transplants: How Successful Are They?
- Learn More About Liver Transplants
- Liver Transplant: Risks, Precaution, Prevention
- Getting used to Life after Liver transplant
- Get in touch with a Liver specialist in India.
A rare surgery was done on Patient named Maqbool Ahmad, at ANGS Centre for Liver and Biliary Sciences – CLBS, Indraprastha Hospitals, and New Delhi. Before the operation, he was a highly obese patient with very high operative risk and none of the donors had adequate liver complementing his body size. At the time, the patient weighed 138 kg which itself was a challenging task for the Dr. Subash Gupta’s team.
After careful surgical planning and counselling, Dr. Subash Gupta went ahead with the surgery where patient’s daughter became the donor. After the surgery, patient Maqbool Ahmad reduced his weight by 38 kg. Now he weighs 100 kg & has made excellent recovery.
Get in touch with a Liver specialist in India.