Norflox TZ tablet is one of the antibiotics which is used to treat or prevent diarrhea and dysentery. The tablet is a prescribed medicine you can take with or without food. It can also produce many side effects. It is a combination of two basic salts. The correct dosage of Norflox TZ depends on the patient’s age, health, and other body complications. Furthermore, this blog includes some additional Norflox Tz uses that certain users have reported. Common Norflox Tz Tablet adverse reactions often subside as dosing stops. However, before taking medicine, you should always consult a doctor to avoid harmful effects. A complete study including Norflox TZ can be achieved with this article.
Composition of Norflox TZ
Norflox is one of the antibiotics that consist of two salts–
- Norfloxacin 400mg
- Tinidazole 600mg
Norfloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic used to treat respiratory urinary and skin infections. It comes in strip packing with ten tablets in one strip. This ingredient helps in treating infections, diarrhea, and dysentery.
Norflox TZ Uses
Norflox TZ is a combination medicine used to treat this entry and other infectious diseases caused by amoebic bacterial and mixed Origins. Norflox TZ tablet is prescribed to treat the following diseases —
- Stomach infection — and tinidazole are used for the treatment of intestinal infections. The combination of these two antibiotics helps treat stomach infections.
- Traveler’s diarrhea — is a common digestive tract infection that causes loose stools and abdominal pain. It is an airborne disease.
- Giardiasis — is an intestinal infection caused by a parasite. It is most common in areas with poor sanitation, and it spreads from person to person from contact.
- Amebiasis — is also known as amoebic dysentery. It is also a parasitic infection in the intestinal tract. It spreads through drinking or eating uncooked food.
- Skin infections — Norflox TZ is also used in skin infections caused by bacteria and parasites.
- Urinary tract infection —this medicine treats urinary tract infections like cystitis caused by E Coli and other bacteria.
- Prostatitis — this medicine treats prostatitis caused by Pseudomonas and Enterococcus.
How to consume a Norflox TZ tablet?
Norflox TZ tablets should not be consumed without the consultation of a pharmacist or medical health care professional as they can also produce many side effects. You should not consume the tablet if you are allergic to the ingredients of Norflox TZ tablets. It is essential to discuss all the medical history and medicines you have taken in the past with your doctor. Therefore your doctor can advise whether you should take it or not. It would help if you discussed all the factors like pregnancy, breastfeeding, bleeding, and any complications in the body with the doctor as every patient and their cases are different, so they can be different based on the diseases and route of Administration and patient age and patient history.
Side effects of Norflox TZ
Norflox TZ can also produce some side effects, including —
- Allergic reactions — If allergic to any ingredients in the north of the TZ tablet, symptoms like rashes and sore throat muscle pain may occur. Hence, tell your doctor about your health and medical history so that you come to know whether you are allergic to it or not.
- Change in taste —Metallic taste is the side effect of norfloxacin; hence it is responsible for changing the taste after taking Norflox TZ.
- Nausea and vomiting —Sometimes, the ingredients of the norfloxacin tablet cause nausea, and a sudden sickness causes vomiting.
- Loss of appetite — Norflox TZ also causes loss of appetite as a side effect.
- Stomach pain — As Norflox is used for intestine infection, it can sometimes cause stomach pain.
- Dry mouth — It can also cause dryness of the mouth.
- Mood swings — Associated with nausea and vomiting, a side effect of Norflox TZ.
- Body pain — Sometimes it can also cause body pain.
- Weakness — The tablet can cause weakness in the body.
- Skin Rash— It can also cause red patches to appear on the skin.
- Acid stomach — It can also increase the formation of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which causes acidity.
Also read: 5 Methods to Get Rid of Diarrhea
Precautions and warnings
there are many complications associated with the Administration of Norflox-TZ, including —
This medicine is not recommended to be used in pregnancy e, so discussing all the complications with your doctor is advised.
His medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless necessary. If the medicine is used, the Infant should be monitored closely for undesirable side effects.
- Blood cell count
Norflox TZ can lower the blood cell count in your body D, leading to leukopenia and thrombocytopenia. It is necessary to monitor blood cell count while receiving this medicine
- Impaired liver function
Norflox-TZ can cause a liver injury, so it is advised for Tu to obtain the baseline of the Liver enzyme before taking this medicine.
- Use in children
This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age if the safety and efficiency of use is clinically established.
- Driving or operating vehicles
This medicine may produce dizziness and Blurred vision-like symptoms in the body, so it is advised not to take this medicine when driving a vehicle or operating machinery.
When not to use this medicine?
In many conditions, Norflox TZ is recommended not to use. These conditions include–
- Myasthenia gravis
This medicine is not recommended for patients diagnosed with Myasthenia gravis as it can worsen their condition.
- Tendinitis or tendon rupture
Tendonitis is when the tissues connecting muscle to the body become inflamed. Norflox TZ is not recommended for patients with a history of tendonitis.
- Allergic reactions
Norflox TZ is not recommended for patients with allergies to norfloxacin, tinidazole, and fluoroquinolones.
Interactions of Norflox TZ
Norflox TZ can interact with many factors like food, disease, alcohol, and other drug interactions. These interactions include —
Interactions with alcohol
It would help if you avoid alcohol consumption while taking Norflox TZ because alcohol can increase the side effects of the Norflox TZ, which produces symptoms like dizziness, weakness, headache, body pain, and others.
Interaction with food
Norflox TZ can interact with dairy products, which will decrease the potential of this medicine. For effective treatment, it is recommended to consume this medicine at least one hour before or two hours after consuming dairy products to avoid the interaction.
Interactions with medicine
Norflox TZ can interact with many Other Drugs like
- Ethinyl estradiol
Interactions with diseases
It can also interact with many other diseases like
- Central nervous system disorders
- Cardiovascular diseases
Frequently asked question
Can we take Norflox TZ empty stomach?
Norflox TZ tablet is a prescription medicine that can be taken with or without food. Take this medicine in the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is always recommended not to take this medicine without being prescribed by a pharmacist or doctor.
Who should not take Norflox-TZ?
Norflox TZ is not recommended if you are a pregnant or breastfeeding mother or have a history of medical conditions like tendon infections, muscle weakness, or brain or nerve-related problems. It is also not recommended for patients below 18 years of age.
What is the difference between Norflox and Norflox TZ?
Norflox and Norflox TZ differ based on their ingredients. Norflox consists of two ingredients, norfloxacin, and lactic acid bacillus. At the same time, norfloxacin consists of three active ingredients: norfloxacin, tinidazole, and lactobacillus.
Is Norflox TZ safe for kidneys?
Norflox TZ is an antibacterial drug chiefly eliminated by the kidney and therefore useful in treating urinary tract infections. The metabolism of Norflox TZ occurs inside the kidney. Hence, Norflox TZ tablet is not advised in patients with severe kidney diseases.
What if I miss my dose of Norflox-TZ?
You should take this medicine as soon as you remember missing the dose but do not take it if it's almost time for your next dose. Also, do not take an extra dose to compensate for your missed dose.
Can I drink alcohol while taking Norflox-TZ?
No, you cannot drink alcohol while taking Norflox TZ because alcohol can interact with the medicine and increases the chances of adverse side effects. Drinking alcohol while taking this medicine can cause allergies and reactions like nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, and many other complications.
Can the use of Norflox TZ tablet cause a Metallic taste?
Norflox TZ can cause a temporary Metallic taste, but it can be improved by chewing gums, mint tablets, and brushing the teeth. It is advised to stay hydrated while taking this medicine to keep the taste.
Before taking Norflox TZ, you should discuss the patient history, other medicine used, other diseases, and all the complications associated with the body. It is advised to take medicine only after the pharmacist or medical healthcare professionals are recommended. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts than advised or prescribed by your doctor. If you experience undesirable side effects, immediately connect your doctor. We hope your thought regarding Norflox tz uses is clear now.
If you’re looking to consult a doctor, let Credihealth help you. Visit here