Most common Robotic Surgery procedures?
The most common procedures executed using Robotic Surgery are:
- Prostrate Removal
- Gallbladder Removal
- Repairing Heart valve
- Shrinking Stomach
- Transplanting organ
Which procedures have been performed using Robotic Surgery?
It is also used for procedures like:
- Abdominal and colon and rectal conditions like gallbladder cancer, liver cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer, and pancreatic disorders.
- Cardiovascular surgery for heart conditions like Coronary artery bypass, Mitral valve disease, Atrial septal defect, and Heart valve disease.
- Gynaecological surgeries to treat conditions like cervical cancer, hysterectomy, endometriosis, pelvic organ prolapse (especially paravaginal defects and vaginal prolapsed), uterine fibroids, uterine cancer, and vaginal fistulas.
- Head and Neck surgeries for soft palate cancer, tongue cancer, tongue base cancer, throat cancer, and tonsil cancer.
- Urological surgery for conditions like kidney cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, kidney obstruction (uteropelvic junction obstruction), benign prostatic obstruction, ureteral reconstruction, adrenal masses, fistulas, testicular cancer, lymph node dissection, and bladder diverticula.
- Partial knee replacement surgery for patients who suffer from limited osteoarthritis.
- Hip Replacement
- Kidney transplant
- Kidney removal
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Tubal Ligation
Which General Surgeries can be done by robotic system?
Some of the general surgeries that can be done by surgeons using robotic systems are:
- Esophageal and pancreatic surgery
- Liver resection
Which Gynae Surgeries can be done by robotic system?
Several Gynae surgeries can be done by robotic system. It can be used to treat fibroids, endometriosis, female cancers, ovarian tumours, abnormal periods, and pelvic prolapse. By using the robotic system, the following surgeries can be performed:
- Lymph node biopsy
Which Chest Surgeries can be done by robotic system?
Three types of chest surgeries can be performed using robotic system. These are:
- Atrial septal defect repair – In this surgery, the hole that is present between the heart’s two upper chambers are repaired.
- Mitral valve repair – In this surgery, the valve that stops the blood from going back in the upper chambers of heart during its contractions is repaired.
- Coronary artery bypass – In this surgery, the blood supply is rerouted by bypassing the blocked arteries.
Which Urologic Surgeries can be done by robotic system?
Robotic system has been most extensively used for Urological surgeries. It is used to perform:
- Prostate cancer surgery
- Kidney cancer surgery
- Bladder surgery
Which Cardiothoracic Surgeries can be done by robotic system?
The cardiothoracic surgeries that are being performed with the use of Robotic system are:
- Robot-assisted MIDCAB
- Endoscopic coronary artery bypass (TECAB)
- Mitral valve repairs and replacements
- Lung resection
- Tumor resection
Which Paediatric Surgeries can be done by robotic system?
Robotic System is used for many types of paediatric surgeries like:
- Tracheoesophageal fistula repair
- Nissen fundoplication
- Morgagni’s hernia repair
- Kasai portoenterostomy
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia repair
Which Head & Neck Surgeries can be done by robotic system?
Head and Neck Robotic Surgery Procedure:
- Transoral resection of tumors of the upper aerodigestive tract (tonsil, tongue base, tongue, and larynx)
- Transaxillary thyroidectomy