It's everywhere in the news. New Delhi has been compared to the infamous air pollution in the city of Beijing, China. Air pollution measures are sky-high and the government is trying to figure out a way to deal with this alarming issue. Meanwhile, the people with tiny lungs, the future of our nation, need protection from the hazardous air. Although the air poses a threat to people of all ages, it is especially going to be hard for kids to protect their lungs. Here, are a few considerations to save kids from air pollution.
Kids Need More ProtectionInfants and kids are at a greater risk of respiratory problems, more so because of their not yet fully developed lungs and immune system.
How Air Pollution is Harmful to Kids?
- Increase in asthmatic symptoms, respiratory infections
- Decrease lung function, more allergic tendencies
- Increase probability to get sick more often due to weak immune system
How to Reduce Risk?Constant checking levels of air pollution and planning daily activities accordingly
- Make a habit in kids to drink lots of fluids to maintain a healthy body
- Keep a check on your kid's health - monitor respiratory issues and take all measures to prevent long-term/prolonged breathing problems
- Bring home these Air Purifying Plants as soon as possible.
Symptoms To Watch Out
- More than usual sneezing
- A constant runny nose
- Nasal sinus congestion
- Persistent sore throat, body aches, fever, headache and shortness of breath
[caption align="alignleft" width="170"] Credihealth - India's No.1 Medical Assistance company[/caption] This write-up was contributed by Credihealth content team:Credihealth is India's No.1 Medical Assistance Company. Credihealth gives guidance to a patient from the first consultation through the entire hospitalization process. A team of in-house doctors and medical experts help the patient find the right doctor, book appointment, request cost estimate for procedures and manage admission & discharge processes.Share your comments and queries below and we will be happy to guide you through. Get FREE assistance from medical experts to select the best Pulmonologist in India for your treatment or click the button below and speak to Credihealth medical experts