Looking good, smart and having a radiant glowing skin is the dream of almost everyone since it ives you confidence on your physical appearance. Achieving a radiant glowing skin is not that much difficult and to surprise of a few people, there is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on costly facials, make up and skin care products. Incorporating some of the food items in your diet on regular basis helps immensely in keeping the skin healthy and nourished. Studies have also shown some links between certain nutrients and preventing acne, reducing wrinkles and radiance. In this article we will learn about Superfoods for healthy skin.
Green leafy vegetables especially spinach is rich in nutrients and antioxidants and is a good source of magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamin B,C and E. Swapping spinach with normal lettuce would do wonders for the skin as it helps in decreasing the sensitivity of skin to the sun. Proteins contained in dairy products mainly yogurt gives skin a more firm look and act as a shield against the lines which in turn helps in preventing wrinkles and give skin a more youthful look. Even a single serving of yogurt daily makes complexion smoother. We can say these Superfoods for Healthy Skin? Yes.
Read more about How to get Healthy Beautiful Skin?
List of Superfoods for Healthy Skin:
- Fruits such as kiwi and pomegranate are a rich source of antioxidants which help in regulating the blood flow of skin thus giving it a rosy look and definitely proves to be a bonus by protecting you from a deadly disease named cancer.
- Watermelon, everyone’s favorite fruit act as a sun protector thus helping in clearing blemishes and improving skin’s elasticity.
- Oranges and other grapefruits, great source of vitamin c help in improving colour and texture of skin and restore collagen. Well known for its toning properties, orange is also considered to be a wrinkle preventer.
- In addition, avocados and blueberries make the skin wrinkle free and glowing. These fruits help in removing acne and blotchy spots. It also helps in promoting skin elasticity and pigment thus leaving an impression of healthy, happier and refreshed look all day long.
- All the nuts necessarily walnuts are loaded with omega -3 fatty acids and copper which helps in boosting collagen production. Handful of walnuts everyday improves the texture of the skin.
- Handful of sunflower seeds daily keeps the skin supple by providing a shield from the sun.
- Eggs gives a triple retreat to the skin as it contains vitamin A, copper and selenium. It helps in warding off skin infections, restricts skin from evolving abnormal clumps and promotes skin elasticity. It further helps in repairing tissues.
- Surprise for everyone, indulgence in a few pieces of dark chocolate helps skin in staying hydrated which in turn protects it from sun damage. Topical application of chocolate temporarily reduces skin puffiness and makes the skin more firm and supple.
- Steel cut Oatmeal retains more vitamins, therefore exceptionally heals the skin and gives it a more youthful look.
- Last but not the least, green tea contains high quantities of antioxidants particularly ECGC. These antioxidants help in fighting inflammation and reducing redness.