Table of Contents
The advent of technologies has disrupted some of the major industries in the world. And, Healthcare app development is one of them. Artificial Intelligence, AR & VR, Blockchain, and Robotics, etc., are include leading technologies revolutionizing the healthcare industry. Technological advancements have enabled healthcare app developers and healthcare investors to open new doors to better service and a healthier society. So, without any further ado, let’s have a look at some of the best healthcare technology trends that can revolutionize the healthcare industry for the greater good.
Top 8 Healthcare Technology Trends to Watch For in 2022
Technology in healthcare is enabling a new era of healthcare services for patients, service receivers, and medical professionals.
Thus, leading healthcare app development companies are prioritizing developing solutions powered by one of the below mentioned technologies.
Let’s get insights into what are the upcoming trends in the healthcare industry in the coming year.
1. Artificial Intelligence
The growing need for healthcare services often calls for automated and quick service provision to bridge the existential gap between users and medical professionals.
Artificial intelligence, is one of the profitable healthcare technologies enabling automated service provision. Following are the uses of AI in healthcare sector:
- Collecting, managing, and processing a vast amount of user data.
- Derive essential information patterns for future implementations.
- Enabling human-independent communication via chatbots.
AI has been enabling a fast-paced healthcare sector to offer effective support for users.
Also, as per research, the AI-powered services in healthcare would go beyond 6.6 billion USD in the years to come.
2. Wearable technology and Sensors
The use of wearable technology in healthcare would emerge as a prospective solution to ensure assistive healthcare services for all. Here are the common applications of wearable technology in healthcare:
- Management of various health conditions via wearable devices
- Preventive care to elderly and intensive care unit patients.
- Offer quality remote care to patients at care homes or remote areas, and more.
Ultimately, wearable healthcare technology has been bridging the existential gaps with effective services.
Some of the common wearable devices used in hospitals and remote care include:
- ECG monitors
- Blood pressure monitors, etc.
All in all, the future of wearable technology in healthcare is expected to revolutionize conventional means and improve the services by 75%.
3. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
AR and VR have been at the forefront for changing patients’ and physicians’ experiences alike.
Following are some of the common applications of virtual reality in healthcare industry:
- Training physicians and surgeons with essential medical insights.
- Helping medical staff and surgeons conduct surgeries and practice operations.
- Strengthening the research and development sector to provide better study materials to future healthcare professionals.
- Enable team collaboration to take important decisions to ensure patients’ consent.
A Harvard Business Review study highlights a 230% boost in performance of VR-trained surgeons as compare to others.
So, augmented reality (AR) is also empowering the healthcare sector in numerous ways. Following are some examples of AR in healthcare:
- Enabling future medical professionals to prepare better for real-life operations.
- Assisting surgeons in their day-to-day capabilities.
AR is also empowering the healthcare sector in the following two prominent ways:
- Connecting care providers and receivers with reality in an extended manner.
- Bringing real information to sight as fast as possible.
Moreover, AR is providing access to medical students to virtual yet accurate depictions of human anatomy.
This is ultimately helping them learn better about the subject without needing real bodies.
So, with prospective uses in the healthcare industry, AR and VR are all set to offer automated solutions and processes.
4. Blockchain Technology
Blockchain technology in healthcare would be the next big thing in healthcare sector. Ensuring secure and streamlined service provision to users.
Following are the implementations of blockchain in healthcare:
- Secure data protection, and access means.
- Enable insights to better collect, manage, and process patients’ data.
- Improvise the use of healthcare apps to pay medical bills, make secure online transactions.
- Enhance data security and app performances
- Ensure maximum security to valuable patient data.
Subsequently, the use of blockchain technology in the healthcare sector is expected to go beyond $5.61 billion by 2025.
5. Big Data
Like Blockchain technology, the application of Big Data of the healthcare sector would also experience a significant surge.
Big Data is offering improved service quality, preventive care, and better management techniques. This includes following applications:
- Maintaining health records to ensuring sound healthcare services
- Ensuring timely preventive and assistive healthcare.
- Offering sound research and development methodologies to ensure credible services.
- Enabling effective data collection, management, and processing.
- Deriving useful patterns and findings for future implementations for future medical professionals.
6. Cloud Computing
Cloud computing has emerged as one of the lucrative technologies empowering several businesses and industries globally. And the healthcare industry is just one of them.
Following is the application of cloud computing in healthcare sector:
- Enabling autonomous systems that need less management and offer more productivity.
- Cloud-based solutions to streamline data flows.
- Ensure seamless performances even in the remotest areas.
- Enabling data storage and remote access to authorized persons.
- Better integration and collaboration between teams.
- Streamlining communication between patients and doctors.
With the previous annual cloud computing revenue calculating up to 28.1 billion in 2020, the cloud-healthcare sector would grow beyond 64 billion USD by 2025.
Next in line is one of the most exciting technological trends in healthcare; Robotics. Here are the common uses of Robotics in healthcare industry:
- Surgical and assistive robots to help patients and medical staff.
- Robotic companions offering effective day-to-day health management.
- Disinfectant robots play a vital role in situations like the pandemic.
- Self-assistive robots allowing patients to manage and monitor their health conditions.
Additionally, Exo Skeleton robot have emerged as a successful implementation to offer surgical aid. The use of robotics has also been prospective for patients with physical injuries, especially spinal cord injuries.
In addition to this, robotics in healthcare is also being used to alleviate loneliness and provide mental health assistance and help medical staff to provide effective child care.
Robotics is also helping in consistent monitoring patient’s vital signs. Thus, ensuring effective patient management in hospitals and care homes.
With technology trends revolutionizing all the major industries digital healthcare services are inevitable.
Rather, it is now the need of the hour.
Since healthcare situations are getting severe globally, there is a dire need of alternative solutions.
technology and digital solutions are emerging as the much-needed solutions.
As they are ensuring effective medical help to everyone all around the globe.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment cost from various centers and timely medical updates