Have you developed a bump in the skin or a small growth? Do you suspect that it could be warts? Then you have come to the right place because we will discuss about warts meaning and how it could be caused and what are the possible treatments for warts. A wart is reported to look like a blister or even a rough patch of skin in some cases. Warts can also look like a small cauliflower-like growth on the skin.
Background On Warts Meaning And HPV
Warts are caused by a virus by the name Human Papillomavirus (HPV). Human Papillomavirus is a virus that is most commonly transmitted during the act of sexual intercourse which ultimately causes warts meaning, if you have ever had unprotected sexual intercourse then there is a high risk of catching this virus. So, to put it briefly,
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) is the main source of development of warts.
- HPV can be transmitted by unprotected sexual intercourse.
- This may lead to the development of warts mostly in the genital area in both men and women.
Warts Meaning and Causes
Warts meaning and causes are a few points that one should keep in mind in order to know what is the best course of action against it. According to some extensive research and studies, it was found that warts in almost all cases never turn out to be malignant in nature. But there have been a few other cases of warts meaning, they have lead to more serious problems. These are the warts which appear in the general area around or on the genitals, which have been reported to eventually lead to cervical cancer. So the takeaway points on warts meaning and causes are:
- General cases of warts are caused by infections entering the body through broken skin or even small cuts or bruise such as a small cut while shaving.
- Such cases of warts have been proven to be just harmless growth on the skin.
- These warts are treatable.
- There are a few instances where warts were reported to appear on genitals, they can develop into much worse conditions such as cervical cancer, which could be a terminal disease.
Some Facts About Warts
Warts are most commonly found in children and teenagers but they can also, on rare occasions, affect adults. Warts meaning to be treated should be given some time before administration of any medication because in most cases they tend to go away on their own. These small cauliflower-like growths can appear anywhere on the skin but they also go away just as easily. General cases of warts meaning, those which do not appear around the genitals tend to go away within a couple of years. So to put the facts about warts meaning in bullet points,
- Most cases of warts occur in children.
- Adults are rarely affected but they can suffer from this condition as well.
- Common cases of warts go away on their own and medication is not required.
- An estimated time in which warts go away on their own is about a couple of years.
Also read about: What is Filariasis.
Types Of Warts
Depending on the body part they appear, there are different types of warts meaning, there are a lot of different places on the entire body where warts can appear and they all have different names. Here is a list of few different types of warts.
1. Common Warts
Common wart is the most commonly reported case of warts meaning, they are the ones by which people get affected more often. These usually appear on your fingers or hands.
- Common warts can be transmitted by touch.
- They most commonly occur in children and teenagers.
- These warts usually go away on their own.
2. Plantar Warts
Plantar warts are small growths or a thick and hardened layer of skin which appears on your feet especially in the areas which handle the heaviest load of the body.
- Plantar warts meaning, they are the ones which appear on the feet.
- These are a rough and hardened patch of skin.
- Due to heavy pressure applied to the skin, these warts can also appear to grow inwards.
- These warts are also reported to go away without any medical treatment.
3. Flat Warts Meaning Plane Warts Or Verruca Plana
Flat warts are the kind which appear to have a yellowish tint, they are not easily detected in the early stages.
- Flat warts appear on face, armpits, and legs in most cases.
- These appear due to over-exposure to the sun.
- They occur in large numbers.
- Flat warts also go away with given time without any medical treatment.
4. Filiform Warts Meaning or Verruca Filiformis
Filiform warts appear on the neck or the chin. These warts are skin color thin but long growth.
- These warts usually appear in the lower parts of the chin or on the neck.
- They tend to be long but thin development on the skin.
- They grow rather rapidly.
- They are also the kind which go away on their own without the requirement of any medical procedures.
When Should I Seek Medical Advice?
In the following cases, it is recommended to go see a doctor immediately.
- If warts appear on the genitals.
- If wart is exposed to an infection that is noticeable.
- If you notice that the wart has started bleeding.
- If wart tends to change its color.
- If warts appear on top of an already diagnosed and underlying condition.
What Is The Medical Diagnosis For A Wart?
The doctor will perform a number of procedures as a part of the diagnosis for warts meaning he or she will take a few samples of the wart to get it tested. These procedures involve:
- Doctor closely examining the wart
- Swabbing the area and making a small incision or cut on the wart to check for blood clots.
- Cutting out a very small piece of the wart for performing tests on it to check if the wart or benign or malignant.
Related Reads: Urticaria Meaning, Causes & Treatment.
Treatment Of Warts
It is important to know that most cases of warts turn out to be just benign growth on the skin which do not require any serious medical attention and tend to go away on their own within a couple of years, causing only as much discomfort as a mere itch. There are also medical treatments for wart meaning, with the help of certain medicines or procedures, the wart can be removed. Here are some treatments for wart.
1. Liquid Nitrogen
Liquid nitrogen can be used to freeze the wart and destroyed but it should be only performed by a medical professional.
2. Laser Therapy
Although laser therapy is a very effective process, the side effects of this procedure is that it tends to leave scars. When a wart goes away on its own it does not leave any scarring behind.
3. Surgical Removal
Again, this is an effective procedure but it may cause scars to be left behind after the procedure.
Also, read about: Skin Care: Do’s & Don’ts.
Unless a wart is caused in the presence of some already underlying medical condition or it has occurred on the genitals, there is no harm done by a wart meaning, it is just a benign growth which is likely to go away with given time. So it is best to let the wart heal on its own if it is not causing any discomfort.