Table of Contents
- What is Healthy Beautiful Skin?
- Is sleep essential for healthy skin?
- Does sugar cause the aging of the skin?
- What is the effect of exercise on the skin?
- What diet should I follow for healthy beautiful skin?
- Are facials effective?
- Are makeup and cosmetic products bad for the skin?
- What is the effect of different seasons on the skin?
- What should be a daily regimen for healthy skin?
- Is sun protection important for the skin?
- Any other tips?
“Pearl-like fair skin”, “Spotless Skin in a Week”, “Golden glow”. We are sure you must have come across these phrases while scrolling the internet or watching TV. If you notice, countless people every day give you tips on improving your skin care. But trust us, you need to know more than these catchy phrases. In order to have healthy skin, you must understand its various aspects. In this article, we will give you credible ways how to get healthy beautiful skin.
What is Healthy Beautiful Skin?
Healthy beautiful skin is the one that has a normal PH balance and is neither too oily nor too dry. It is smooth and soft to the touch; has an even skin tone; and is free of skin problems such as blemishes, blackheads, acne, wrinkles, and visible pores.
Healthy skin is important because it is the layer that forms the outermost covering of our body and protects us from germs that can harm our internal organs. If it gets damaged, we become prone to sickness and the germs can attack our muscles and bones.
Is sleep essential for healthy skin?
Sleep is essential for healthy beautiful skin because it rejuvenates the skin by restoring the natural skin balance and also adds to the efficiency of certain skincare ingredients in the process of healing. Lack of sleep makes the skin look dull and dehydrated.
Does sugar cause the aging of the skin?
Yes, sugar causes aging of the skin. Our skin contains collagen, a connective tissue, which is responsible for its suppleness, and youthful appearance. When the sugar in our body clings to this collagen in our skin, through a process called glycation, inflammation is caused which in turn becomes a source of inflammation by itself. This produces enzymes that are responsible for breaking down and cross-linking of collagen, making our skin stiff, dull, and dry.
What is the effect of exercise on the skin?
Exercising can keep the skin healthy as increased blood flow to the skin results in increased neuronal stimulation that promotes the function of the sweat glands. Sweating, in turn, eliminates toxins that block pores and cause pimples and blemishes. Also, when we exercise, the skin produces more natural oils that moisturize it and keep the skin supple and healthy.
What diet should I follow for healthy beautiful skin?
A healthy diet is the most important key to healthy skin. Everything that we eat is responsible for making us who we are. So a balanced diet rich in proteins and minerals can do wonders for healthy supple and glowing skin. Certain types of food that provide healthy skin are:
- Low-fat dairy products – vitamin A is an essential component of healthy skin and low-fat dairy products are one of the best providers of this vitamin.
- Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and plums – are rich in antioxidants (antioxidant food in Hindi) that protect the cells from damage and disintegration making the skin look young.
- Salmon, Walnuts, Canola Oil, and Flax Seed – provide us with essential fatty acids that keep our skin healthy by helping the cells retain moisture.
- Healthy Oils – healthy oils are not only a source of fatty acids but more; they keep the skin hydrated and healthy.
- Whole-wheat bread, muffins, and cereals; Turkey, Tuna, and Brazil nuts – these foods contain the mineral selenium that promotes skin health. This mineral also prevents excessive skin damage due to sun rays.
Related reads: Vitamin D Rich Foods & Its Benefits.
Are facials effective?
Facials are a method to deep cleanse the skin by removing dirt and dead tissues and hydrating skin to make it look fresh and radiant. The constant massage increases the blood flow to the facial veins providing a soothing effect, and making it look plump. This pampering also relaxes the person from fatigue and stress promoting mental health and satisfaction.
Facials are undoubted providers of these benefits but they are more of an indulgence than medical treatment. Beauticians often make fake promises regarding facial results. For instance, facials cannot treat severe acne, stop the aging process or reduce pore size. The after-facial effects are temporary.
Are makeup and cosmetic products bad for the skin?
Cosmetics, which include every personal product one uses on their body, are an integral part of our lives. They range from shampoo to toothpaste to makeup; and are supposed to keep us clean and protect our bodies apart from making us look good. By definition, they should be good for our skin, but because there are no laws that keep a check on all these products, there are cosmetics that are bad for the skin and can become causes chronic health diseases. With no government regulation, unwanted ‘bad’ chemicals are put in products to make them appear better.
Related: How to make Skin Glow Naturally.
What is the effect of different seasons on the skin?
Different seasons affect the skin differently:
- Summer – The sun can prove to be both a boon and curse. Humid and warm air can be pleasant for a while but overexposure to the sun in this season can lead to serious problems like sunburns, or minor ones such as fine lines, wrinkles, and skin pigmentation. The skin is also more prone to dryness or overproduction of skin oils.
- Rainy – During this season the skin can become waterlogged making it easier for the skin to be damaged. Also, wet shoes and socks cause sores and blisters on the foot.
- Winter – cold and dry airstrips off the skin of its moisture making it extremely dry and flaky, it can even cause windburns when the skin is bereft of the natural oils that protect it from getting exposed to UV rays of the sun.
What should be a daily regimen for healthy skin?
The daily skin care regimen includes three tasks:
- Cleansing – It is important to keep the skin clean by following a skincare routine. Find a cleanser that works best for your skin type. It is also necessary to clean regularly but over-cleansing dehydrates the skin and needs to be avoided. It is not required to use a cleanser at night, a makeup remover to gently clean the eye area and then wash the face with water is enough. To follow up the cleansing process, a toner may be used if preferred.
- Moisturizing – Dry skin necessitates the use of a moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and soft. Snail Mucin Cosrx keeps skin moisturized and helps to soothe skin.
- Applying sunscreen – It is essential to evade skin damage due to the sun. This can be done by using a sunscreen of SPF 30 from early on and on all days.
Is sun protection important for the skin?
Sun protection is important because the Ultra Violet radiations from the sun are responsible for causing skin cancer. It is necessary to wear sunscreen throughout the year irrespective of rainy or cloudy days to avoid potential damage. Apart from this, the sun’s rays also cause wrinkles and skin aging.
Any other tips?
To keep the skin healthy it is important to eat right and manage stress; this improves the inner health which will then reflect on the outer body.
It is necessary to follow a daily skincare routine and stay clean by using skin-friendly products only. Natural products do not always have a positive effect on the skin, they may cause allergies too.
It is, therefore, necessary to choose skin care products wisely; they must be right for one and should be free of harsh chemicals. It is also required to keep the skin safe from sun rays and avoid any damage. Habits such as smoking cause skin damage, so they must be avoided.
To get healthy and beautiful skin, follow a healthy routine and see the magic working. In case required, get in touch with the best skin doctor in India.
For more information and free personalized guidance, talk to Credihealth Medical Experts today.