Are you planning to lose weight or get in shape for the summer? Well, read on to find out how you can lose about 15 pounds or 6.8 Kgs within a week. In this article, we will take a look at the GM Diet Version i.e. The Indian GM Diet Vegetarian Version that people can follow.
What Is Vegetarian GM Diet?
The GM diet veg is a diet which was supposedly started at General Motors, where it was introduced to improve the productivity of the employees. However, General Motors say they have never heard of any such diet plan. Why GM diet vegetarian became so popular is, for its easy to eat way of meals i.e. there isn’t much cooking involved for this veg gm diet.
Does The GM Diet Veg Version Work?
The common GM diet replaces your general meals with fruits, vegetables, brown rice, and chicken. With the GM diet veg plan, you get the liberty to replace chicken with more veggies or other sources of protein or healthy fat like vegetable or olive oil, ghee or low-fat butter.
- Following the GM diet veg plan, you can see substantial weight loss in just a week.
- The GM diet vegetarian version or even the non-vegetarian version is a restrictive diet and may cause side effects such as headaches, you should consult a medical professional before starting any such diet.
Also, read about: GM Diet Indian Version.
The GM Diet Vegetarian Plan Breakdown – GM Diet Plan For 7 Days
This GM veg diet plan will be broken down into a day wise routine of what to eat. One thing to note is if at any point in the GM diet vegetarian plan if you feel uncomfortable following the routine or the diet causes any sort of health discomfort, you should immediately stop. With that said, here is the routine for GM vegetarian diet plan.
GM Diet Plan Veg: Day 1
On day one of GM diet veg plan you are allowed to only consume fruits throughout the day, with the exception of bananas.
- The GM diet vegetarian plan suggests that there is no fixed limit to how many fruits you can eat as long as there is enough time between each meal to feel hungry again.
- This is helpful because fruits are rich fiber and low in fat so you don’t feel the need to eat for a long time.
- On the first day, it is important to only stick to fruits and nothing else.
- Avoid eating vegetables or any fat or carbohydrate-rich food.
- With this diet plan, you are recommended to keep your water intake level to at least 8 to 10 glasses every day.
- Limit consumption of any other beverage like milk and soft drinks to a bare minimum and especially avoid alcohol because the goal of GM diet vegetarian is to detoxify the body.
An example of how the day one meal routine would look like:
- Breakfast: One whole apple with a glass or two of water
- Brunch: Half a bowl of cantaloupe or papaya and a glass of water
- Lunch: Some sliced watermelon and a glass of water
- Dinner: Bowl of mixed fruits with a glass of water. You can have snacks in between meals but make sure you’re sticking to fruits for snacks as well.
Also, read about: Benefits of Honey With Milk.
GM Diet Plan Veg: Day 2
On day two of the GM diet vegetarian plan, we will replace fruits with vegetables.
- The water intake level would remain same as that on day two.
- Depending on how you like them, you may cook the vegetables or take them as a raw salad.
- Few vegetables included in this diet are cucumber, potato, carrots, etc.
- If you want to add flavoring for cooked vegetables, you may use herbs and olive is allowed but in small amounts.
- This meal plan is effective because even though you’re eating a bare minimum you’re still getting a little bit of protein from vegetables like peas, carbohydrates from potatoes and other essential vitamins and nutrients.
Here’s how your meal plan for the GM diet veg would look like on day two:
- Breakfast: Boiled potato (can be mashed if that is how you like them), for flavors you can use a bit of low-fat butter and herbs, with a glass or two of water.
- Brunch: A bowl of cabbage and lettuce salad with a glass of water.
- Lunch: A bowl of mixed vegetable salad again, to add flavors you may use herbs and olive oil.
- Dinner: Mixed vegetable salad and a glass or two of water. Also, you can have snacks between meals but they should be restricted to vegetables.
Also, read about: How Many Almonds To Eat Per Day.
GM Diet Plan Veg: Day 3
On day three of the GM diet vegetarian plan, you will incorporate both vegetables and fruits in your meals.
- Fruits and vegetables combined are a very powerful source of fiber, carbohydrates, and proteins.
- The variation of flavors will be a welcome taste to the tongue after monotonously eating vegetables.
Here’s how your meal plan for the GM diet vegetarian plan would look like:
- Breakfast: A whole apple or sliced cucumber and a glass or two of water.
- Lunch: A bowl of mixed vegetable salad with a glass or two of water.
- Dinner: Boiled broccoli with a glass or two of water. Like the previous two days, you can have snacks in between the meals.
Also, read about: Fiber Rich Foods India.
GM Diet Plan Veg: Day 4
On the fourth day of the GM diet vegetarian meal plan, you will be sticking to bananas, milk, and GM diet vegetarian soup, which is a combination of celery, onion, green peppers, tomato, etc, throughout the day.
- Bananas and milk are a high source of potassium, calcium and some essential vitamins.
- The body needs these vitamins to survive and function so on day four the consumption of bananas and milk is recommended.
- The addition of a soup will be welcomed by most because it helps in switching things up so that there is a break in the monotony of flavors.
Here’s how an average diet on the fourth day of the GM diet vegetarian plan would look like:
- Breakfast: A couple of bananas and a glass of milk.
- Lunch: A bowl of GM diet vegetarian soup.
- Dinner: Two large bananas with a glass of milk. Alternatively, a glass of banana milkshake will be fine as well. You can have snacks in between meals if you feel hungry, a healthy snack option is a banana shake.
Also, read about: Benefits Of Watermelon.
GM Diet Plan Veg: Day 5
This is where the GM diet veg and GM diet non-vegetarian differs, on the fifth day you’ll be eating wholesome foods like kidney beans, brown rice, yogurt etc.
- This meal plan shocks the body metabolism with the inclusion of wholesome foods.
- The body gets flushed with essential nutrients, fiber-rich food sources which helps in making sure the body maintains its usual functionality since GM diet is very restricting in terms of calorie consumption.
Here’s how your meal plan for the fifth day of GM diet veg plan would look like:
- Breakfast: A bowl of boiled kidney beans with tomato and a glass or two of water.
- Lunch: Brown rice with tomato with a glass or two of water.
- Dinner: GM Diet vegetarian soup with a glass or two of water.
Also, read about: High Calorie Foods In India.
GM Diet Plan Veg: Day 6
On the sixth day of the GM diet veg plan, you have to make sure that you eat relatively more than the previous days. The foods involved are brown rice and vegetables.
- The vegetables you eat on day six should either be raw, like in a salad or they should be boiled.
- The GM diet vegetarian plan replaces the consumption of chicken with brown rice.
- This should be the day you can see the visible effects of weight loss.
Here’s how the day six GM diet vegetarian meal plan would look like:
- Breakfast: Mixed vegetable bowl with a glass or two of water.
- Lunch: Bowl of brown rice or GM diet soup with a glass or two of water.
- Dinner: Boiled vegetables with a glass or two of water. Like any other day, the meals can be complemented with snacks every now and then.
Also, read about: Vegetarian Keto Diet Plan India.
GM Diet Plan Veg: Day 7
The final day of the GM diet vegetarian plan is where you combine all of the things you’ve been eating through the week in one day’s meal plan along with added benefits of fruit juices.
- This will be the final phase of the GM diet veg plan we need to make sure your body is ready to go back to your usual eating routine.
- Your meals will be complemented with fruit juices which you can have during your snack times.
- This meal plan will provide the body with the energy to work through the day and be ready to break the GM diet routine.
Here’s how your meal plan for the GM diet vegetarian plan on the seventh day would look like:
- Breakfast: Bowl of vegetable salad with freshly pressed fruit juice with no added sugar.
- Lunch: Brown rice with vegetables and a glass or two of water.
- Dinner: GM diet vegetarian soup and a glass of water. Here the snacks would involve consuming a glass of freshly pressed fruit juice or a bowl of mixed vegetables.
Also, read about: Paleo Diet India.
Take Away – Vegetarian GM Diet
GM diet vegetarian plan is a very effective method to lose weight as mentioned at the beginning of the article but you should only follow it if you have been given an “okay” by a medical professional. You also need to make sure that you give yourself a break of few days after the first seven days of following GM diet veg version and eat normal food before resuming the plan for seven more days.