Causes of JaundiceOne of the most common causes of jaundice and jaundice symptoms is a problem with the liver. It is liver's duty to filter out the waste from the blood and then circulate it through the body. However, if the liver fails to filter out the waste from the blood, then it may lead to the circulation of bilirubin in the bloodstream. This ultimately causes yellow hue throughout the body.
Symptoms of JaundiceThe most common symptoms of Jaundice involve:
1. Yellowing of SkinAs explained earlier, it is the bilirubin which causes the yellowing of the skin or the mucous. This yellow discoloration is one of the most common jaundice symptoms.
2. Pale StoolsThe presence of pale stools indicates problems with the liver. Bile, a by-product of liver gives stool its normal color. While one of the jaundice symptoms, pale stool can also indicate other problems. Read about: Alcoholic Liver Disease.
3. Dark UrineDark urine is again indicative of a problem with liver and bile production. Hence dark urine also classifies as one of the jaundice symptoms.
4. ItchinessItchiness, while being one of the jaundice symptoms, should be accompanied by one of the other symptoms of jaundice. When the damaged red blood cells start accumulating in the bloodstream, it causes itchiness.
5. FatigueOne's state of physical and mental exhaustion is what many refer to as fatigue. While fatigue could be the result of exhaustion by doing a tiring physical activity, it is also one of the common jaundice symptoms.
6. Abdominal PainIn case of problems with the life arising due to jaundice, abdominal pain is the commonly occurring jaundice symptoms. The pain in the abdomen could feel like a cramp or a stabbing pain. Read about: Chron's Disease Meaning - All About The Disease.
7. Extreme Weight LossIn such a case where jaundice does not arise due to infection, extreme weight loss is not only one of the jaundice symptoms but also a symptom of liver problems.
8. Nausea Or VomitingIf a person constantly feels nauseous, then it could indicate that the person is suffering from jaundice. As jaundice symptoms go, nausea or vomiting cause the most discomfort. Many people confuse this with improper digestion and take medications accordingly. However, this is not recommended, instead, one should immediately consult a doctor. Also, read about: Leptospirosis Meaning.
9. DiarrhoeaDiarrhoea is the bowel distress resulting in three to four liquid bowel movements in a day. While a condition itself, diarrhoea is also one of the common jaundice symptoms. Diarrhoea has a tendency to last up to a week. It also leads to severe dehydration of the body.
10. FeverFever is yet again one of the common jaundice symptoms. If a patient is diagnosed with both a fever and jaundice then the likely underlying disease or condition is hepatitis B.
Treatment For Jaundice & Jaundice SymptomsUsually after the jaundice symptoms surface and the doctor has diagnosed doctor would recommend any counteracting medicine. However, in rare cases, doctors may even suggest surgical treatment. Also, read about: How To Treat Jaundice in Babies.
Take AwayJaundice can cause a lot of discomforts and if not treated in time, can lead to other severe problems. Thus, it is necessary to get the right medical attention once the patient in concern shows jaundice symptoms.