I’m a busy mum and couldn’t type it neatly as my princess was trying her best to distract her momma. Here are simplified tips for weight loss and diet plan.
First of all, I would like to say that you need to love your body, because if you love something then you go beyond expectations to achieve it. Planning is very crucial for weight loss, Because if you don’t plan ahead then you are going to waste time finding things (like what should I eat now? what time should I exercise? who will look after the kids? etc) without planning you end up going for things that you need to avoid.
Secondly, for losing weight try to be an early morning person because working up a sweat in the early hours of your day speeds up your metabolism, helping you burn more calories throughout the day, resist junk-food cravings, and reach for healthier option.
You should lose no more than one and a half pounds per week (that is, a calorie deficit of 3,500 to 5,250 calories per week, or 500 to 750 a day). Everyone sheds weight differently – Many factors affect your weight loss journey —
- Age (your metabolism slows down by about 2 percent every decade after age 25, so you burn fewer calories at rest as you age),
- Diet (when you eat more protein than carbs and eat larger meals earlier in the day, your body burns more calories and works more efficiently),
- Activity level (the more you move, the more calories you burn), and your natural metabolism, which is determined by your genes.
Keep in mind, too, if you gained more than 35 pounds during your pregnancy, it could take extra time to shed off. Moreover if you have any medical history please consult with your doctor (E.g C-section can prevent you from exercises which uses abdominal muscles for at least 4-6 months)
Dear beautiful momma’s, whatever you chose to eat or exercise, make sure it’s healthy and good for baby too. Nutrients rich food is vital for baby’s growth for initial 6 months when he is dependent on you for his diet.
- High Protein ( protein keeps you full for longer),
- High fibre (fibre helps to clear the bowl which in turn helps to lose weight)
- and low carbohydrates is the key (You don’t need excess carbohydrates if you are not going to burn it off.)
- But whatever you choose you can always read about the pros and cons beforehand and keep in mind about portion size
- Drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day
Always remember that dedication, planning and efforts, go hand-in-hand. You need to be consistent and motivated. Always think that you are doing yourself a big favour to choose healthy and staying active.
1) Early in the morning, after waking up, have atleast 2 glass of water preferably with lemon and honey (lemon boosts up metabolism and honey is rich in antioxidants for healthy body). If you like bed tea then choose green tea. It kickstarts your metabolism ( if you are nursing then I would not suggest this as it contains caffeine, not good for babies, you can still have green tea just try expressing milk before or feeding LO before having it, you need to wait for atleast 2 hours for the effect to go from breast milk.)
2) Exercise within half an hour of getting up, you can choose something you like e.g walking, jogging, running, aerobics, dancing, swimming, cycling etc.
3) Have breakfast within 40 minutes of workout, your body needs fuel to repair and nourish the cells. Breaky rich in protein, high fibre and low carbs: homemade smoothie made up of yoghurt, fresh fruits, milk, oats, porridge Or scrambled eggs with multigrain or wholemeal bread with a glass of milk, you can choose stir fried Vegetables with any chapaties.
4) Don’t drink water for atleast 1 hour after eating, keep yourself active after eating.
5) Have a snack 2 hours after breakfast, an apple, slice of bread with peanut butter or banana and cinnamon or a glass of milk.
6) Have your lunch after 2 hours of snack, chicken breast with stir fried vegetables, fish, quinoa Salad, ( go for more vegetables and less bread) include salad for sure.
7) Walk for atleast 15-20 minutes after lunch. If you don’t have time then try doing things that make you stand and not sit. Stay active
8) Have a snack around 4:00 tub of yoghurt, milk, fruit etc.
9) Plan your dinner atleast 2-3 hours before bedtime. If you eat and sleep then you will gain heaps of kilos. Have light dinner rich in protein, daal, fish, lean meat, broccoli, other green vegetables.
No munchies after dinner, instead go for a walk or stay active by playing with kids or do household chores.
Drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day ( not after meals) try adding a slice of lemon in drinking water.
Limit the intake of Salt and Sugar to see the fast results. Have whole fruit instead of fruit juice (juicing process eliminates few essential nutrients and huge amount of fibre from fruits, leaving juice high in fructose)
Stay healthy stay active stay fit.
Disclaimer: This is a guest post. The statements, opinions and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
New Moms Club is home to thousands of moms. Join the club & Share your story with us!
Credihealth is a medical assistance company that gives guidance to a patient from the first consultation through the entire hospitalization process. A team of in-house Credihealth doctors helps the patient find the right doctor, book appointment, request cost estimate for procedures and manage admission & discharge processes.
Share your comments and queries below and we will be happy to guide you through.
Get FREE assistance from medical experts to select the best gynecologist for your treatment.[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Blog Query’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Mobile Number’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Medical Condition’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]