What is collagen?Collagen is a protein associated with connective tissue components comprising several body parts like the tendons, ligaments, and skin or muscle tissues. Collagen has many essential functions for providing the skin with structures and strengthening the bones.There are almost twenty-eight types of collages, and some types of these are-
- Connective collagen tissues that serve as intervertebral discs act as a cushion at the spine shock absorbers and have collagen between the discs.
- The main reticular fibers' main component is collagens, found in the skin and blood vessels.
- Another type can be the component of the kidney, inner ear, nose, and eyes.
Signs and Symptoms of Collagen Overload -Here are five symptoms of too much collagen in the body.
Skin changes -Too much collagen in the body can cause the skin to become thicker, firmer, and less flexible, and it can also lead to the formation of raised red and itchy patches on these skin. Sometimes you can observe that the skin becomes rigid at a particular spot, or there is the development of creases. Sometimes extra collagen is placed on the cuticles, which can lead to nail ingrowth.
Joint pains and stiffness -Excess of collagen can cause the joints to become stiffer and can make it difficult to mauve these joints. That happens as the collagen between the joints starts growing more than needed, making it difficult for the body to move. You may also know about the symptoms of Joint Pain.
Digestive tissues -Too much collagen can help digestive problems such as constipation, diarrhea, or bloating. However, that can lead to the development of various infections. Also, different types of other skin and body-related problems like weakness and loss of nutrition must be developed.
Blood vessels can become narrow -Overproduction of collagen can cause the blood vessels to narrow, leading to poor circulation, higher blood pressure, and increased risk of infections. This can also lead to an increased risk of diseases.
Organ damage -In rare cases, symptoms of too much collagen can damage internal organs, which can lead to organ issues like the lungs, kidneys, and liver.Though collagen development is normal, too much collagen is rare, and many symptoms can occur due to underlying diseases like healthcare problems and issues. If these symptoms are important to you and cause more points to you, then you should go and get in touch with your doctor.
Benefits of having a good amount of collagen in your body -This collagen can help in making healthy skin collagen is a significant component of the skin and plays a vital role in the strengthening of the skin and is suitable for the elasticity and hydration of the skin. That will be reflected in dry skin and the formation of skin wrinkles.Collagen benefits are as follows:
- Collagen can help build cartilage and rubber-like tissues that can help protect the joints.
- These can be related to having many bodies, decreasing age, and the risk of degenerative joint disorders like osteoporosis and arthritis.
- A review of the studies can help understand osteoporosis's effects on the bones.
- Experts caution that more substantial evidence helps treat too much collagen in the body.
Bone mass -
- The bones are mostly made of collagen and strengthen the bone, and these collagens can help deteriorate the bone mass.
- That can result in lower bone density and osteoporosis, which can result in chances of bone fractures. Studies note that collagen supplements can help inhibit bone breakdown and lead to osteoporosis.
- Some supplements like calcium and vitamin D can also help produce too much collagen. Thus, it is essential to look into that as well.
Muscle mass -
- Muscle mass can also boost with the abundance of protein, and collagen is an essential component in the skeletal muscles.
- The most abundant protein in the body is collagen, but too much collagen can boost muscle mass, and there can be a loss of force in older age.
- Thus, too much collagen can result in difficulty moving the body and sometimes pain in joints and muscles.
Collagen supplements in the market can also cause too much collagen-In recent years there have been popular collagen supplements, like hydrolyzed, which means the collagen can be broken down to make it easier to absorb by the digestive system. These supplements can come primarily in powder or capsule form but are also available in tablets. These types of collagen found in supplements can vary, with some containing one or two types of different connective tissues. These supplements can primarily be associated with the powder form of available capsules, and these collagens vary. Some containing one or two types of collagens can include pork skin and bone broths.Sometimes collagen supplements can work by stimulating the body to help the collagen on its own and can be helpful in the production of proteins that help structure the skin, including elastane and fibrin.
Some supplements of collagens and medication can also result in the following -
- Extensive growth of hair and nails and taking the challenge can increase the strength of the nails and can prevent brittleness/
- Although these can result in leaky gut and intestinal permeability thus, you should avoid them.
- Studies have examined the role of collagen supplements in brain health, but people can claim that they improve mood, reduce weight loss, and reduce anxiety symptoms.
- Proponents can believe that collagen supplements can result in weight loss and faster metabolism, and no studies support these claims.
Conclusion-There can be different signs that can suggest that the body is producing way too much collagen. These symptoms of too much collagen can be associated with developing more skin on the hands or producing more protein in the body. That can lead to stiffness in the spinal cords and bones in the legs. The overproduction of collagen can also lead to developing brain health conditions.Thus, it is essential to get in touch with a doctor if there is too much collagen production in the body. These can also be helpful to see if this change caused the development of any collagen-related condition.Also Read: How to dissolve bone spurs naturally?
Frequently Asked Questions
How can one know if there is too much collagen in the body?
If there is too much collagen in the body, there can be digestive issues such as gas, bloating, and diarrhea.
What happens when you consume too much collagen?
Collagen can be considered safe and non-toxic, and daily supplements like healthy individuals. However, these people can experience adverse side effects.
What are the side effects of collagens?
Collagen supplements can be bloating, heartburn, and a feeling of fullness.
What happens if there are collagens every day?
Taking collagen can be linked to better hydration and elasticity. Additionally, collagen takers can experience fewer wrinkles on the skin.
When should I stop taking collagen?
Some adverse reactions to collagen supplements included headaches and digestive issues such as fatigue and skin rashes.