What can Mimic Kidney Stone Pain?There are many conditions in which you feel the same kidney pain and even much worse than it. I have included the problem that you may affect because of several conditions. I will discuss in detail how it causes similar pain, just like kidney stone pain.
1. Abdominal pain -Many people always get confused between kidney stone pain andabdominal pain. Some of the pain radiating also goes to the flank regions. You will feel the fluctuation in pain and intensity. However, this can arise from the stomach, intestine, appendix, or kidney. Therefore, confirmation is always needed to diagnose the pain.
2. Urine Changes -Kidney stone is also mistaken for urinary tract infection. In this condition, you will have hematuria, a foul smell of urine, pelvic pain, and frequent urination. Thus, in most cases, you will have severe abdominal pain, which feels like a sharp pain. In this condition, urinalysis is a have to diagnose the precise condition.
3. Back Pain -Back pain is a problem that muscle sprain, injury, or disc issues may cause. However, normal people won't be able to recognize pain. Sometimes we create confusion because of kidney problems. Because it radiates to the flank region. In addition, always ask your doctor for a reason for the pain.
4. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm -It is quite a serious condition in which you can see the main artery that supplies blood to lower body parts. Sometimes, the rupture of the abdominal artery becomes high because of any injury or cardiovascular disease. And this needs to be treated as a waste any time. However, because of an increase in the number of cases of kidney stone pain, people undervalue other conditions too.
5. Urethral Obstruction -Urethral obstruction is a blockage that needs tubes to carry urine from the kidneys and the bladder. The obstruction that prevents urine leads to obstruction and distension of the abdomen. The pressure will cause kidney pain, and the kidney will experience pain from the tube.
6. Lower Back Pain -Lower back pain is like back pain but radiates from the leg to the hip and back. In this condition, some people mistake their kidney stone pain as radiating through the leg pain. But it is not the condition. You can consult a doctor and take adequate treatment to resolve back pain.
7. Pinched Nerve -A pinched nerve is where the nerves get compressed. It is majorly seen in the back. However, it acts similarly to kidney stone pain. You will encounter the same signs and symptoms of kidney stone pain. You will experience intense pain, and it is serious. Therefore, never delay if you encounter any pain in the future. There are many ways you can avoid pinched nerve pain.
8. Degenerative Disk Disease -This problem is related to the spinal disk that acts as a cushion. If it starts degenerative, you will feel pain in your back movement. Even it becomes worse when you travel. This is the same thing that happens if you see kidney stone pain. Therefore, it mimics the same kidney stone pain.
9. Liver Disease -The right kidney is below the liver. Therefore, if any problem occurs in the liver, you directly feel the pain in the flank region. If you can see something quite interconnected, the liver and kidney each other. Therefore, overlooking your pain may lead to more complications.
10. Gastrointestinal Disease -Irritable bowel disease, constipation, and hemorrhoids are the main cause of gastrointestinal diseases. Therefore, the pain doesn't need to be limited to only the abdomen. However, it can radiate to the flank region as well. This might be why you may think your kidney stones are painful. Also read:Why Do Hemorrhoids Itch and How Can You Get Rid of Them?
What are some Signs and Symptoms which confirm Kidney Stone Pain?If you want to recognize that you are experiencing kidney stone pain. Then you can match some signs and symptoms that indicate that you are having kidney stone pain. I have listed down below:
- Sharp pain at the side or back
- Pain radiates to the lower abdomen and groin.
- The intensity of pain fluctuates according to time.
- Burning sensation during urination
- Pink or red urine
- Foul-smelling urine
- Persistent feelings of urination
How Can I relieve myself from Kidney stone-like pain?Here are some tips to relieve kidney-stone like pain:
- First, an adequate amount of water is important to relieve many conditions. Check how much water drinking may relieve your constipation and gastric issues.
- Lemon juice in warm water can relieve your pain quickly.
- Another is basil which has antibacterial effects that help you resolve the problem of basil juice.
- Kidney bean broth is a must-take if you want to remove kidney-like pain.
Final Takeaway -This blog explained the condition in which your pain mimics kidney stone pain. In this condition, you need to be cautious about your health. This is because some conditions need immediate treatment; otherwise, they can become fatal. If you think you need a doctor to consult. Book an online appointment with theBest Kidney Doctors in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I recognize it as a kidney stone or something else?
Severe sharp pain in the side back depicts that you have kidney stone pain. However, this is not confirmatory. It would help if you still visited a doctor for confirmation.
How can it cause kidney pain other than stones?
Kidney cysts, bleeding in the kidney, kidney infection, and kidney cancer are the things you encounter in kidney stone pain.
How can you recognize muscle or kidney pain?
In renal stone, there will be intense and sharp pain. However, muscle pain is always dull.