In this article, Dr. Anju Methil, a Leading dermatologist in Andheri, Mumbai talks about “What is body contouring and how does it work?” Dr. Anju is one of the most experienced female injectors of Treatment for lines and wrinkles as well as Fillers for non-surgical face contouring. She has received numerous awards for her work. She is a qualified dermatologist and cosmetologist who has a wealth of knowledge in the field of cosmetic medicine.
Body contouring is also known as body sculpting is a procedure that can reduce fat, shape certain regions of the body, and tighten skin. Lipolysis is a non-surgical procedure that can be performed with the use of cold, heat, lasers, and other means.
Tucks, lifts, and liposuction are among the surgical procedures available. Surgery carries greater risks and requires a longer period of recuperation, but it usually produces more obvious results.
In medicine, body contouring is a surgical or medical procedure that is used to alter a specific part of the body. It may entail the following procedures:
- Eliminate excess skin from your body.
- Excess fat should be eliminated.
- Remodel the area by reshaping or contouring it.
Weight loss is not usually aided by body sculpting procedures. As an alternative, it helps to sculpt the body and target specific regions where weight loss has been ineffective or where significant weight loss has resulted in excess skin.
However, as a proven and popular treatment, “coolsculpting near me” has revolutionized slimming by helping patients lose fat without compromising on their diet and rigorous routines with no time to exercise. Coolsculpting is the answer for lasting beauty with slimming and body contouring effects like no other.
What are the different types of body Sculpting?
Andheri-based Dr. Anju Methil a premium skin specialist says that Lipolysis is a term used to describe nonsurgical body sculpting. There are various lipolysis techniques to choose from:
- Cryolipolysis (for example, CoolSculpting) is a technique that employs extremely low temperatures to eliminate fat cells.
- Injection lipolysis is a procedure in which deoxycholic acid is injected into the body in order to target fat cells.
- Laser lipolysis (for example, Zerona) is a technique that employs lasers to eliminate fat cells.
- Radiofrequency lipolysis (for example, truSculpt) is a technique that targets fat cells with ultrasound waves and heat. Sometimes, the results can vary.
Options for surgical body sculpting include:
Lifts and tucks
These surgical procedures remove excess fat and excessive skin. Examples include a belly tuck (abdominoplasty), facelift (rhytidectomy), breast lift (mastopexy), and double chin surgery.
Liposuction suctions out fat deposits.
What is the purpose of body sculpting?
According to Dr. Anju Methil, a leading skin doctor in Andheri, Mumbai People choose to have body sculpting procedures in order to seem and feel leaner, or in order to achieve a specific shape. It’s frequently utilized on certain regions of the body when diet and exercise aren’t yielding the results that are desired.
Surgical procedures can also be used to remove excess skin, resulting in skin that is smoother and younger-looking. Excess skin can be removed with such operations, which can be beneficial for patients who have undergone significant weight loss. It can also help to reduce the appearance of loose, sagging, or wrinkled skin that occurs as a result of natural aging.
Body contouring is a technique that can be used to contour almost any part of the body. Sites that are often visited include:
- The stomach and flanks (love handles).
- The back of the neck and the chin.
What happens during liposuction or other surgical body shaping procedures?
The vast majority of cosmetic procedures are performed in a surgeon’s office, surgical center, or hospital setting. Depending on what you’re having done, the operation could take anywhere from 45 minutes to several hours.
The surgical team may perform the following procedures:
- Preoperatively, mark the locations of the incisions.
- Position you on a surgical table and do safety checks with nursing and anesthesia staff members present.
- Depending on the procedure, a local or general anesthetic should be administered.
- Skin preparation and cleaning in the surgery area are essential.
- Make incisions (cuts) in your skin that correspond to the procedure(s) that have been performed.
- Cut, reposition, and shape tissue and extra fat in order to achieve the desired appearance.
- During abdominoplasty, it is usual for muscles to become tense.
- Excess skin should be removed.
- Liposuction is a procedure that can be used alone or in conjunction with other operations to remove excess fat.
- When the treatment is finished, stitch up any incisions that were made.
- Apply bandages to the wounds.
What occurs once a body reshaping procedure is completed?
Even after undergoing surgical procedures, the vast majority of people return home the same day. Anyone who will be driving and staying with you after surgery should do so on the first night after your procedure. In addition, a small tube may be placed near one or more incisions to drain fluid and prevent edema from forming.
Your surgical team will provide you with post-operative instructions. They may include the following:
- Maintaining the drains and changing the bandages are important tasks.
- Keeping an eye on over-activity while ambulating (moving around) to avoid blood clots is important.
- Reporting any complications — these will be discussed in greater detail prior to surgery.
- Staying out of the sun is important.
- Pain management and infection prevention are accomplished by the use of drugs (for example, ointments or pills).
- When it comes to nonsurgical body sculpting, you will be able to leave the office or clinic immediately following the surgery. You won’t usually require transportation home, and you can go about your business as usual notes Dr. Anju Methil one of the best Dermatologists in Andheri, Mumbai.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment cost from various centers and timely medical updates