Motivate. Hydrate. Feel Great.
This is the motto everyone should follow during summers. Having water as much as you can in the summer is the only way that seems to keep your health and body in great shape. The scorching heat and daily hectic schedule make it impossible for anyone to live without water. Sweat and urine are the two major forms through which your body keeps losing water in summers. Dehydration is one of the major problems that most people face during this time. So, constantly drinking water is the only way that seems to be one of the best solutions to keep hydrated.
The human body is said to be about 60% of water, give or take. So, it becomes necessary to fill your body with the appropriate amount of water intake. Giving your body an adequate amount of water is necessary; not too much or not too less. Some people feel that drinking water sip by sip every minute is an ideal way to keep your body hydrated and some people feel having water after every hour or having fruits and foods that have water will keep your body hydrated. There are many benefits of drinking water, which you should know, but before that here are some facts that you need to check now about drinking water.
How Much Water Should We Drink Daily?
For your body to function properly there is a specified amount of water that you need to take in everyday. If you are thinking about how much water you need to take in, then here is the amount mentioned as per some valid.
- For an adult Man, the required water daily intake should be about 15.5 Cups (3.7 liters)
- For an adult woman, the required water daily intake should be about 11.5 Cups (2.7 liters)
The recommendations of these amounts cover fluids from water, other beverages and food. 20% of the daily food intake comes from food and the rest from drinks.
Now, if we talk about kids the daily amount of water intake is mentioned below:
- 5-8 year olds – 5 glasses (1 liter)
- 9-12 year olds – 7 glasses (1.5 liter)
- 13+ year olds – 8 to 10 glasses (2 liter)
If you are still not convinced, then here are some more reasons of why you should drink so much water?
- If you have to do a lot of physical activity during the day, then it is important to give your body the adequate amount of water. If your work routine demands physical fitness or you are an exercise enthusiast, then staying hydrated is important for you. Giving your body the right amount of water will reduce fatigue, improve endurance, and lower your maximum heart rate and more.
- If you plan to lose weight, then having lots and lots of water will help you. When people join gym and go on a diet, then they gradually increase their intake of water. This helps in achieving better results and a fitter body as well.
- Having less than required water in your body also affects your mood. It keeps you irritated with negative mood swings. Also dehydration can cause headaches. If you find your head in pain, then next time try drinking some water.
- If you need a glowing skin, especially in summer, then the secret ingredient is water. Regular and adequate amount of water can also improve the color and texture of your skin. Drinking water also helps the skin in performing its job.
- Drinking enough water will help your body to flush out waste and waste bacteria. The digestive system in our body needs ample amount of water to function properly. Drinking water will flush out the waste out of your body and it is often flushed out in the form of urine and sweat.
Also, Read About: 7 Homemade Drinks For Summer To Cool You Down
The Benefits of Drinking Water
Now, let’s have a look at the benefits of drinking water:
- There are many health benefits that drinking water can give you. Increased water intake will help you to avoid constipation, cancer, kidney stones, acne and skin hydration. This is proven in studies that having water will help you fight against these health problems.
- Having enough water can also help you prevent hangovers. Of course! Who doesn’t love to party and have a drink or two which turns into too much, right? So, to avoid unpleasant situations after drinking, have enough water. You may also experience thirst, fatigue, headache and dry mouth, so to avoid all these have a big glass of water.
- The blood in the human body consists of a substance called plasma. It is known to carry blood cells around your body to where they are needed. So, to maintain a healthy blood pressure and to keep your body temperature under control it is important to drink enough water every day.
- Many people experience stiff and achy joints and the reason for this is not having enough water. The functioning of bones and its muscles are improved and kept fit only when you are drinking enough water. When you do not drink enough water, you seem to have the possibility of facing issue with the movements of your joints.
- You seem to eat moderately when you drink water before or after your meal. Having water before your meal will make you eat less. It allows your brain to catch up with your stomach, so you will eat as you like. It also helps you not to put on weight.
Benefits Of Drinking Hot Water
These were some of the common benefits of drinking water. Though summers are not known for drinking hot water, still you can have some hot water as and when required.
- If you are experiencing cold or nasal congestion, then having a glass of water will help you to get some relief. Drinking hot water will help you soothe a sore throat. Even in summers it will feel great.
- Drinking a luke warm glass of water will help you in good digestion. It is the lubricant that keeps the digestive system proper and as water moves through your stomach, intestines, digestive organs make it better to eliminate waste.
Some of the other benefits of hot water is that it also calms nervous system and decreases stress by reliving your muscles. Now, let’s see how cold water can help you.
Benefits Of Drinking Cold Water
- Having cold water helps in increasing your metabolism rate.
- Drinking cold water also keeps your body’s hormone function properly. It also keeps a positive impact on your health, so next time try adding cubes or two.
- Some other benefits are that cold water detoxifies your body, helps you fight extreme heat waves, eases pain, and acts as an energizer and immunity booster. So, keep on drinking it.
Though too much of everything can be harmful. Thus, having too much water can also be harmful for your body. Having more than required water leads to overhydration, which can lead you to experience clear urine that indicated that, you drink too much water. Frequent urination, nausea, muscle weakness and tiredness are some of the other signs of drinking too much water.
So, now that you know the benefits of drinking water, how much water should we drink a day and everything about your water schedule, then keep on drinking the right amount of water and keep your body healthy, fit and fine!
Also, Read About: Top 6 Detox Water Recipes For Weight Loss & Glowing Skin
If you notice any symptom of dehydration, it’s the time to consult the Best Internal Medicine Specialist In India near you or book appointment with Credihealth.
For more information or personal guidance, talk to Credihealth Medial Expert today.